Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

attempt to create residue

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

heather said the www.dreadlockshampoo.com soaps left residue in her dreads well i attempted to maje residue today in fact i'll explain what all i did

as you may or may not know i recently had a lil visit from some rather friendly lil critters that decided they liked me so wanted to stick around, (yes im talking about lice..eww) i treatted them with alcahiol and neem and was sure they were all gone..untill i wasnt so sure anymore cause i found some sticking around

so i did 2 more treatments as well as a treatment with Food Grade DiatomaceousEarth

the DiatomaceousEarth i sprinkled on heavy into my roots all along the dread length and even covered my bed in it my dreads felt ..weird to say the least

i was afraid when i washed id create mud and it would be super hard to get em clean (but didnt care since it killed the last of the critters)

so on to the wash using a pathulli bar from www.dreadlockshampoo.com i scrubbed and i scrubbed washing very thouroughly the bar was 3/4 inch thick when i started.... 1/4 inch when i finnished.. thats how much of the bar ]i rubbed into bmy scalp and along the length of the dreads (most in my scalp tho )

using 1/2 a bar in 1 single wash and..not only was there zero residue but they are super clean no grinttiness no itch no noth9ng just soft clean and happy (extra soft cxause i did a jojoba treatment after)

using that much shampoo was not hard at all to rinse out either

now im not doubting heathers word..,i do think she might have the worse water in the country tho..just sayijng in most water even hard water i dont see how u can get residi]ue ..cause i sure as hell treied.

i belueve if i scrubbed for hours and used an entire bar or even 2 it stll would rinse out easily in seconds

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 09:25:59AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

As much as I like their shampoos, I had the same problem as Heather. And I live about 30 minutes from you Eagle, I don't know why, but when I used it, I had a muddy residue left over. It didn't leave a residue on my skin when I used it as a body wash. But in my hair, I had to rinse twice, for about 10 minutes each time to get it all out, and I had to squeeze and rub my locks hard to get it all out

ReJay Cheek
@rejay-cheek
12 years ago
5 posts

Well, I just ordered a nag champa scented bar (and I have crazy hard, well water) so after I use it, I'll add my two cents if you are interested:)

PS Soooo glad I found this site!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

baba if remembver right your very timid about gettinbg any shampoo in your locks u use only a tuny bit on the scalp ..maynb=be the mud it keft behind as mud cause u were too scared to use enough shampoo to get it really clean?

i used 1/2 a bar..and it rinsed out real easily left nothing behind at all

--
Scott Marzano
@scott-marzano
12 years ago
5 posts

SE, have you had a chance to use their liquid shampoo, want to get some but was wondering if you and anyone had any feedback on it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i have ..i likethe bars better but mine are very mature so the bars re awesome ..

liquids good too but i like how the bars work beter for mine

--
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

Yeah the liquid is supposed to be for new dreads, but does it really encourage knotting like it claims? I think I would like to buy some.

Scott Marzano
@scott-marzano
12 years ago
5 posts

i might have to get some just to see, kind of wanted something to mix it up from my normal bs and acv =p i love bar shampoos too tho, what i used before i even decided to let my hair dread, anyways awesome thanks

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That's true. The first time I used it, I had no problem. It was the second time I did that I found residue. And I was a bit more timid about it that time. I figured it was residue left from the first use too. If I pick more up, I'll try using more next time and seeing how that goes

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea cause i had no trouble..even when i severely over used on purpose ..

i mean literaly scrubbed 1/2 a bar in at 1 time and my dreads feel light clean soft and they even dried extra fast it seemed

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form