Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

attempt to create residue

Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

The residue people are feeling could be residue left over from something else. I don't know how likely that is... but I had a lot of residue in the back of my hair from Mane N' Tail shampoo and conditioner (never use that stuff) and when I started washing with BS I felt more and more of the residue until eventually I started feeling less and it was gone.

Sometimes when something really cleans your hair it like can bring residue out of hiding.

updated by @rose: 07/10/15 03:18:42AM
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I use both the liquid and the bar along with bs/acv. I did start using the liquid and bar after my dreads were well established, I just wanted to try the liquid to help tighten them up and suck in the loose hairs. It worked. I still have a lot of loose hair, but most of it is dreaded. I had also combed quite a few dreads either all the way out or part way. It helped them to knot back up. I will say tho, I've had tons more knotty activity since I started using bs/acv again. And my scalp is happier.
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i had heard on another site of a couple people having residue issues with it too.

i tried to build some up (but i don't really have knotted or mature dreads to worry about just a ton of thick freakin hair lol) i didn't get anything, & I have hard water.

*shrugs* I dunno!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I think Eagles right. If you don't use enough, it just brings to the surface other gunk in your hair and doesn't clean it out. You need to use more. Maybe not 1/2 the bar... But more than I and others were using

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form