Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sponges of Smoke!

Cecelia Fae
@cecelia-fae
12 years ago
19 posts

Ok now we all know that our dread-locks act like little sponges sucking in everything they come in contact with.. For those of us who smoke this is bad! I wash my dreads about twice a week, and in between washes i will use the Knotty bot Knot tea, which smells amazing, but my dreadies still continuously smell like smoke, even when I smoke outside. I have heard of the Knotty Boy deodorizing spray, but have never used it.. I feel like that might help some, but I've noticed that most fragrant spays wear off, and back comes the smoky smell...Even people who smoke without dreads have this problem i know. But with dread locks I feel like it is ten times worse!!! and yes I know we smokers could quite and problem solved but for us who are not so ready for that leap..anyone have any suggestions on what to use to deodorize dreads??

updated by @cecelia-fae: 02/14/15 10:53:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

never use anything from knottyboy they shiuld be boyco=tted till they stop destroying draeads

www.dreadlockshasmpoo.com use those and u will smell amazing the nag champa will make u drool for a week after u wash

and natra- bio homeopathic smokers withdrawl relief makes quitting effortless u take a pill bit it once so it breaks into chunks manuever them under your tongue with your toungue and wait about 10 seconds for it to dissolve.. as the last dissolves all cravings all withdrawl symprtoms vannish..and at the same time it heals yopur lungs of the dajage caused by smoking..

i would highly recomend u stop supporting knottyboy

the teas u can make yourself for 1/40th of the price

sprays too

arent the teas 4 dollars for 1 single teabag? your being ripped off by a scumbag company

those teas arent worth 4 ceb=nts let alone 4 bucks

ps when uuse some of these colors it makes it harder to read

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Somehow I don't suffer from my locks smelling. My dad's sensitive to all smoke, and he smelled my hair a while ago and said it just smelled like hair. But I'm one of the few.

Make the tea yourself. Or use a spray bottle and make a nice mix of your favorite oils and use that once in a while.

Ever since I started washing with BS/ACV, even the smell of oils don't stick around long. Maybe try washing with that. BS pretty much strips everything away.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I know how hard it is to quit and the smoker has to really, really want to before success can occur. I am trying to quit cold turkey right now (might pick up some licorice root or ginger to chew on in the car) and I always fall back on them for high anxiety. I also smoke cloves (have been for about 15 years now) so the "ashtray" smell is slightly more pleasant than it is for other cigarette smokers. :P

Anyway, I second the possibility of trying out the baking soda/apple cider vinegar wash for a bit and seeing if you noticed a difference. The BS didn't work so great for me, personally, so I use Dr. Bronners liquid, ACV once/week (use lavender, rosemary and tea tree oils), and now I am using the dreadlocks shampoo (the one that SE mentioned here) in Dragon's Blood and Nag Champa (switch back and forth) mostly for the smell (after using the Bronners on my scalp.) Before I used those for the smell I would just take a little bit of amber oil and gently tweak my hair a bit (a very little goes a very looooong way.)

I also wash at the least, 3 times/week so, not sure if maybe adding that extra day may help keep the smell down.

Now, the true test is bonfires! Camping and bonfire times are coming around the bend for me and I can't wait!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

bonfire smoke smells good cig smoke stinks

i would reallllly recomend u try the homeopathics i tried everythung to quite year after year my lungs hurt like crazy.. i smoked beedies b4 that pall mall unfilterd..only the natra bio smokers withdrawal relief worked..and worked wonders that was 2 u[years ago and im fine now smokeing 1 every so often when b4 if i quire wich i had for 4 years 1 drag would get me smoking again i had even cut back to 2-3 drags a day only for a year but couldnt let go not till i tried the homeopathics fir 20 days..and it literaly cured my addiction

i started smoking very young so was like 30 years ..and with those quuitting was easy..extremely easy..

--
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Can you do me a favor and shoot me a link to information about the homeopathic remedy you are referring to?

soaring eagle said:

bonfire smoke smells good cig smoke stinks

i would reallllly recomend u try the homeopathics i tried everythung to quite year after year my lungs hurt like crazy.. i smoked beedies b4 that pall mall unfilterd..only the natra bio smokers withdrawal relief worked..and worked wonders that was 2 u[years ago and im fine now smokeing 1 every so often when b4 if i quire wich i had for 4 years 1 drag would get me smoking again i had even cut back to 2-3 drags a day only for a year but couldnt let go not till i tried the homeopathics fir 20 days..and it literaly cured my addiction

i started smoking very young so was like 30 years ..and with those quuitting was easy..extremely easy..

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I feel like the more times you quit, the harder it is to quit the next time. I smoked for about 6 months and quit cold turkey for 3 years. Then started smoking again for about 6 months again and was able to quit cold turkey again. But that time it only last around 2 years. Now I've been smoking for 2 years, and it's getting really hard to convince myself to stop. I know I should. And I even want to, but it's tough. Eagle, where'd you get that stuff at? Please tell me it's local

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I think I know what you mean... I quit when I found out I was pregnant, cold turkey, but my issues with smoking are mental/emotional... I was an absolute wreck that time (not to mention all those hormonal changes!)

This time I am finding it easier to go a day or 4 without a smoke, and then I can go for a while where I only smoke once/day. I'm starting to know which times I smoke out of habit and which times I smoke out of "need" so I am going to start with dropping the habits (ie. always lighting up on the stretch of highway 37 or when I talk on the phone.) Once I've gotten that out of the way, I think I can focus on my emotional issues and find substitutes (other than antidepressants) to use instead.

Baba Fats said:

I feel like the more times you quit, the harder it is to quit the next time. I smoked for about 6 months and quit cold turkey for 3 years. Then started smoking again for about 6 months again and was able to quit cold turkey again. But that time it only last around 2 years. Now I've been smoking for 2 years, and it's getting really hard to convince myself to stop. I know I should. And I even want to, but it's tough. Eagle, where'd you get that stuff at? Please tell me it's local

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i used to get the natra bio smokers withdrawl relief stuff on 4oth st at the herb sti[ore penn herbs or no university herbs yea thatsit ..if they no longer carty it order online google natrabio or natra bio smokers withrdrawal relief its like 4 bucks a box but id get 2 then hers what i did that was very successfull.. i planned on the 1st of the month to be day 1 cig free so 2 days b4 that id take 1 after my goodnight smoke..then wake and take 1 (let the chunks disolve under your tionh=gue after biting it once into smaller chi=unks) id take as many as i needed that day to get to near dinnertime then id have a celebration smoke and finnish smoking the rest of the day.. the next day id do the same but extend till bedtime and might have 2 cigs b4 i went to bed..then the next morn id make it throufh day 1 and continue ..now the 1st 3-4 days you might take 10 or more a day ..it has no side effects no overdose level no contradictions or drug interactions unlike cyrtex or wjatever its called that makes u suicisa\l.. so after 3 or 4 days your down to 4-5 a day then 3..u take 3 a day till day 20..buy daty 16 or so yoir forgetting to take em but u should continue the 3 a day till day 20..

u will feel your lungs healing

i went for a physical on day 19 ..the dr said he never heard my lungs ..or lungs in general sound so clear and good..

u will be amazed how much better u breathe by the end

https://www.natrabio.com/category.php?parameters=category_id/780/nm/Smoking_20Cessation

there but if u search google u can get it 1/2 that price

4 bucks about (except amazon had it for 30 almost what a ripoff)

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form