Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

The awesome power of baking soda

lysergic.nightshade
@lysergicnightshade
7 years ago
41 posts

I was noticing some residue buildup in the tips of my young dreads from continual use of suave daily clarifying shampoo. I washed with some peppermint bronners to try to remove it, and I rinsed for several minutes with cold water. After my hair started to dry, the buildup was so much worse.

I got a couple recommendations to remove the buildup with baking soda, so here's what I did: I mixed 4 tablespoons of baking soda and 4 cups of water in a large plastic bowl. I want to make it clear that all of the baking soda was dissolved, and the water was completely transparent. I sat upside down on the couch and soaked my hair in it for a few minutes, as long as I could stand to have my head hanging upside down, lol. This is what the water looked like afterwards.So I hopped in the shower, with some more bs and acv, and washed again. My hair was no longer sticky! BS/ACV for life!

updated by @lysergicnightshade: 02/14/15 04:39:48AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,512 posts

yea its awesome stuff

and u feel super clean now i bet

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
lysergic.nightshade
@lysergicnightshade
7 years ago
41 posts

Yes! It's just a matter of getting all of the hair saturated with the bs solution.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,512 posts

wouldnt it beeasier in the shower then hanging upside down over a bowl? i just pour it on and thats all

--

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
7 years ago
115 posts
No need for face washes. Just pour on catch in bowl pour catch then let it sit for a while then hop back in the shower and dump directly on top and let it pour all over face and body. Its amazing for hair & face :)
lysergic.nightshade
@lysergicnightshade
7 years ago
41 posts

That's what I was doing, but it didn't seem to really get into all of my hair. It acted more like a scalp treatment than a hair treatment. I need to get myself a shower cap of some sort, so it will soak into my hair better.

And yes FoxPaw, I do notice that some runs down my face, and my forehead feels nice and clean. :D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,512 posts

as long as yoir haitrs good and soaked b4 u pour it on it will work well but dreads take alotta water to get em wet enouhh 1st

i use 2 things a pitcher to pour over my head and a basibn to soak the length in then i take that basin pour over my head and i rinse both out so the acv dont reacte with it i ise that rinse water to pour over my body i have not used soap at all in over a year i just when i wash my dreads the same bs mix runs down all over and cleans everytying

my skins never been in sunch great shape

if i took baths moee often id just soak in bs mix in the whole tub that ould be amazing

--

lysergic.nightshade
@lysergicnightshade
7 years ago
41 posts

That's awesome SE. It would work... I have a friend with very sensitive skin who occasionally takes baths in a weak baking soda mix. She says she loves it.

And Rudy, the times I do use the bs/acv wash, I add a few drops of teatree, rosemary, and sometimes a bit of eucalyptus to the mix.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,512 posts

i do teatree rosemary pepermint lavander and lemongrass ocasionaly add neem or jojoba orr vitamin e or afcricas best its like a mad scientist thing for me i mix it by instinct i kinda feel my dreads b4 i wet em and just know what they need most haha

--

FoxPaw
@foxpaw
7 years ago
115 posts

what are the benefits of lemongrass?

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form