Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

has anyone seen this video? (crazy salt lady and Johnny clean cut & exchange dreads)

Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts

I completely understand your perspective, and I'm no wax advocate either I'm just bummed on the hostility, it doesn't seem necessary for something like hair. Obviously JC BELIEVES that wax is doing something good for his and other peoples hair so his intentions aren't really that bad. We should be spreading the word that wax is really hard if not impossible to remove, (though Jonny doesn't seem to have build up in his dreads) it may prevent proper dreading, and it reaps no real benefits. But it still seems messed up to be hostile towards people with different perspectives.

p.s they say non waxy dreads suck some people on here say waxy dreads suck, what's the difference?

NaturalWomyn said:

I don't think anyone here really cares what they put in their hair. It's more their attitude of "wax is the only way to get dreads that don't suck" that makes people (me at least) skeptical of them, oh yea and the fact that JC makes his living perpetuating that myth! (crazysaltlady has also personally attacked many of us for not using wax, myself included) I for one think if you used wax and you love your dreads more power to ya! I just see a lot of people really angry and upset over the consequences of wax. Their lil vid did not convince me of anything,why?? see here Everybody has the right to make their own choices and that needs to be respected but all the information needs to be available to people so they can make an informed choice whatever that will ultimately be...

updated by @gabe-mccoy: 07/23/15 04:37:59AM
Hannah Clarke
@hannah-clarke
13 years ago
29 posts
She's put another video on, of her adding JC's dread to hers and it's just so strange! She kind of puts it all the way inside hers! Now surely that suggests that her dreads are not dreaded at all :S and also she claims that beads made her roots flat :S what?! strange ladyHere's the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6_ycUco57Q
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
The only difference I see is that not using wax won't harm your dreads while using wax most certainly can as we've seen here many times. Even if you believe that it's possible to wax your dreads and not have anything bad come of it, there's of course plenty of proof on this site of it going the other way also. Propagating that there is no other way to dread than the use of wax is exactly why so many end up here with a sticky mess on their head. Personal responsibility is really what it comes down to but we also need to spread the info that wax is at best unnecessary and at worst very harmful. We need to find that fine line to balance on where we are passionately spreading the truth but not doing it a way that turns people off to what we're saying. Everybody needs to choose what's right for themselves but It really bothers me when people find this site too late. Much Respect

Gabe McCoy said:

I completely understand your perspective, and I'm no wax advocate either I'm just bummed on the hostility, it doesn't seem necessary for something like hair. Obviously JC BELIEVES that wax is doing something good for his and other peoples hair so his intentions aren't really that bad. We should be spreading the word that wax is really hard if not impossible to remove, (though Jonny doesn't seem to have build up in his dreads) it may prevent proper dreading, and it reaps no real benefits. But it still seems messed up to be hostile towards people with different perspectives.

p.s they say non waxy dreads suck some people on here say waxy dreads suck, what's the difference?

NaturalWomyn said:

I don't think anyone here really cares what they put in their hair. It's more their attitude of "wax is the only way to get dreads that don't suck" that makes people (me at least) skeptical of them, oh yea and the fact that JC makes his living perpetuating that myth! (crazysaltlady has also personally attacked many of us for not using wax, myself included) I for one think if you used wax and you love your dreads more power to ya! I just see a lot of people really angry and upset over the consequences of wax. Their lil vid did not convince me of anything,why?? see here Everybody has the right to make their own choices and that needs to be respected but all the information needs to be available to people so they can make an informed choice whatever that will ultimately be...
Macrina
@macrina
13 years ago
41 posts
The hair on the inside looked synthetic. Isn't it possible it was a synthetic dread they cut?
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
I completely agree :)

NaturalWomyn said:
The only difference I see is that not using wax won't harm your dreads while using wax most certainly can as we've seen here many times. Even if you believe that it's possible to wax your dreads and not have anything bad come of it, there's of course plenty of proof on this site of it going the other way also. Propagating that there is no other way to dread than the use of wax is exactly why so many end up here with a sticky mess on their head. Personal responsibility is really what it comes down to but we also need to spread the info that wax is at best unnecessary and at worst very harmful. We need to find that fine line to balance on where we are passionately spreading the truth but not doing it a way that turns people off to what we're saying. Everybody needs to choose what's right for themselves but It really bothers me when people find this site too late. Much Respect

Gabe McCoy said:

NaturalWomyn said:

dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts
Agreed.. I was thinking the same thing.. the scalp on that lady looks weird to me..

Maxe said:
If I had that much scalp showing I might as well just shave.

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form