Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

has anyone seen this video? (crazy salt lady and Johnny clean cut & exchange dreads)

Ashley Ross
@ashley-ross
13 years ago
4 posts
I call B.S.
updated by @ashley-ross: 07/22/15 08:00:39AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
she got jonny cleans cartoon face tattooed on her arm? wow...just...wow...I don't get why the hair was so straight after they cut? seems like it should have been all knotted?? oh well whatever. I really could care less about the two of them
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
it is straight because wax doesnt let it dread it looks dreaded but it isnt dreaded

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
when the dread is cut and the bead is removed...there is no dreaded hair under the bead..it was straight hair. Obviously the bead had been there for a long time, so the hair under the bead was not waxed to begin with. Wax would not go through a bead.
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
Hm, it seems that there is no black moldy wax trapped inside there dreads, KJC has done this experiment before, I'm thinking it might be easier than some of you think to remove wax, whether or not they're well knotted or not is up to you. And to call out that this was somehow staged is ridiculous, do you guys really believe that they planned on doing that experiment from the beginning so they left one dread unwaxed, and with full knowledge that the rest of their hair was gonna mold waxed it anyway? Dude, no. That's notsensibleat all
Lex
@lex
13 years ago
217 posts
do you put wax in your dreads?
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
Nope, I'm not fond of wax myself it's definitely difficult to remove and it may prevent proper dreading. I just don't like how fanatical some people are about what someone else puts in their hair. For instance KJC and the crazy salt lady are both happy with there dreads, so who are we to judge and look down upon them just because they see a product differently, that's almost like religion and we've all seen how that pans out, I'm just tryin to keep the love :) always be aware of the danger of certain things but don't hate people who disagree

Lex said:
Vates
@vates
13 years ago
66 posts
wow thats so lame ... and I bet her dreads where done like an hour before red robin ... plus look at the womans scalp there like .... just so lame I cant even really express it
Mia Elizabeth
@mia-elizabeth
13 years ago
45 posts

I don't think anyone looks down on them.

They look down on their lack of concern with what wax has done to many people's dreads; prevented dreading.

& KJC's lack of diversity on how to dread on his website.

#justsayin

Peace & love

Mia

Gabe McCoy said:

Nope, I'm not fond of wax myself it's definitely difficult to remove and it may prevent proper dreading. I just don't like how fanatical some people are about what someone else puts in their hair. For instance KJC and the crazy salt lady are both happy with there dreads, so who are we to judge and look down upon them just because they see a product differently, that's almost like religion and we've all seen how that pans out, I'm just tryin to keep the love :) always be aware of the danger of certain things but don't hate people who disagree

Lex said:
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
I don't think anyone here really cares what they put in their hair. It's more their attitude of "wax is the only way to get dreads that don't suck" that makes people (me at least) skeptical of them, oh yea and the fact that JC makes his living perpetuating that myth! (crazysaltlady has also personally attacked many of us for not using wax, myself included) I for one think if you used wax and you love your dreads more power to ya! I just see a lot of people really angry and upset over the consequences of wax. Their lil vid did not convince me of anything,why?? see here Everybody has the right to make their own choices and that needs to be respected but all the information needs to be available to people so they can make an informed choice whatever that will ultimately be...

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form