Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Gone -- Free Shampoo Bar- Lemon and Patchouli Maylee's Garden

pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
I use to be really fond of the smell of Patchouli. But after dating several guys who used it instead of showering, it has been tainted for me. I think most people who know someone who uses patchouli get the sense that, that person isn't showering. ha. Which of course is not true in most cases. But hey, lets just stereotype everyone these days...right? (rolls eyes) Knottysleeves said:
Yeah, sadly it's so tightly associated with "dirty hippies" nowadays.

Sister Rags said:
Haha, lucky travis. I LOVE the smell of 'chouli. Most folks over the age of 55 who have lived in California since their young years bitch and complain about patchouli. Every hippie house reeked of it back in the 70's. My sister, who is 63, says, "EW! If I smell patchouli and frying taco shells one more time in my life I'll puke!" SO many people dislike it that I refrain from using it...even tho' I like it so much.

updated by @pixie: 07/25/15 08:43:37AM
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
I believe I saw the same soap. I wear Nag Champa...and cause I also have dreads, ya know...I must not shower or bathe....I actually get asked about that a lot. "So do you just not shower, you always smell like nag champa."Its called bathing then applying lotion on post shower...gah! Knottysleeves said:
I saw a patchouli & nag champa soap on Etsy recently... it's actually called "Dirty Dreaded Hippie". I am not kidding. I'm sure the seller meant it in jest, but I just hate the stereotypes... we dreadheads get them enough as it is.

Sister Rags said:
I know, Knottys...it's too bad. Pathcouli is used in aromatherapy to promote feelings of peacefulness and calm. I would sooo much like to find a soap that contains both patchouli and hemp oils. You'd think it would be a common combination.
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
me too sista i get heated up about folks bathing in scents and not considering the people around them its a pet peeve i mean soaps the scent does usually fade but bathing in parfum doesnt i had to take 2 percocets once and still wound up leaving my psych class cause the migraine i got after the girl in front of me showered in parfum Knottysleeves said:
I wouldn't call reacting to scents "hyper critical"... some people (like me) just have very sensitive noses. ;-)

If something smells really strongly (or is just gross, like cigarette smoke or strong perfume) it can make me feel physically ill... it's not something I can just ignore. Unfortunately.

soaringeagle said:
it seemed to be just when u 1st get it the scents strong but then u dont notice it maybe when i unwrap thye other bars again there will be a shoer period of complaints again i think they smell amazing but some ppl are hyper criticle
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Yeah I'm a little bummed by her reaction... I went and smelled it again today(had to keep it in a box) and it really does smell nice. Not as strong as when it first arrived.. but She would have never stopped complaining anyways...oh well..I'm just gonna go and order another bar :D
SpacemanTravis
@spacemantravis
14 years ago
127 posts
thx again so much could u message me when u send it off:))

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form