Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

why are you against johnny cleans methods and products

GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Not necessarily. I've seen some pretty amazing uniform dreads that were completely natural. Although they did have some unique character marks... SikTh_Man said:
Do you not think uniform dreads require a bit of maintenance to keep uniformity?

GreyGargoyle said:
I don't find uniform dreads to be undesirable. I find high maintenance dreads to be undesirable.

updated by @greygargoyle: 07/09/15 07:16:49AM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
About 70-85% of the time I would prefer to live in the woods with none of this crap. =) SikTh_Man said:
No, statistics don't apply to the individual because statistics don't look at the details, such as the individual courses of action throughout a given period of time. We've already made it pretty clear that dreads don't fall out after any given time frame because a person uses a certain product because statistics don't apply to the individual . Ignore this fact all you want, everyone's use and experience with a product differs. Because of this, some people lose dreads after a few months and some don't lose any, ever, while using the same products. You can put your fingers in your ears all you want; it won't change the fact that people are different, have different experiences, and follow different procedures.

Again, we've come to the conclusion that people have used wax for years and have had no problems. You can't bias information in your favor, spit it out as truth, and expect everyone to believe it, especially when there's clear evidence that not everything you say is indeed true.

You know, EMF's harms the immune system and can cause cancer; I guess we should not have computers, tv's, or anything electrical, and live in the woods. After all, that's pure and simple damage to your health, and that's much more important than hair. Again, moderation is key.

soaringeagle said:
umm statistics do apply to the individual statisticly if u use that crap u have a 90% chance of losing your dreads 10% survival rate duh ok 1 in 10 survive and get lucky 1 in 10 that means 1 person is ok does that make the methods and products ok? hell no it means 1 on 10 survive and still have sticky gross dreads
but are stuburn enough to stick it out accept the stiff sticky dreads and not cut em i say more power to em shows conviction i respect but ids it goods to mess up to begin with? no no dreads should ever be waxed

and look a tool that can break a dread if overused does damage if used at all there is no moderation its damage pure and simple there is no safe way to damage a dread just a little
nothing he recomends is really totaly safe nothing is smart nothi9ng is good that is simple truth

\u might survive with just a bit of damage

but ok is it smart to drive a car into a wall knowing that 90% die and 10% only have 15 broken bones?
does that make driving a car into a wall a good idea?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dude 90% probability dont u get that 90% that is a massive risk and you gotta be a complete moron to ignore a 90% riskgeezplat russian roulette since statistics dont apply to the individualyea some ppl survive in fact 5 out of 6 survive russian roulletewith dread wax the odds are stacked against u soplay russian roullete with only 1 empty chamber then tell me how statistics dont apply

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I'll never understand this concept of "perfect" dreads. If you're so worried about your hair being messy, Don't dread. Wax and other unnecessary products may not make every set of dreads fall out BUT as we see here it does cause a LOT of harm. Going natural has no chance of that. If you want to wax go ahead it's your hair, as whole we think it's gross and harmful, but were not forcing you not to use it. Maybe you'll be one of the few that just walk around with stiff candles. By the way 4 years is not that long to have locks when you've been selling dread products for close to 10. Why does he always have to cut? Best of luck to you.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i made this to give the 90% a voice and all we hear is the 1% whinning dude if u survive u survive who the fuck cares but the 90% that lost theyre dreads desserve a voice here so just shut the f___ up already and let the people speak who did lose dreads

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
90% probability god damn get it through your thicjk head 90% is close enough to a guarantee that you should be ashameds of tyourself for deffending it SikTh_Man said:
Again, as we've already made clear, wax won't guarantee make you'll lose your dreads. All of this bias nonsense you keep spitting out about how wax will make dreads sticky or moldy is really immature. If you use too much, it can cause these problems. In conscious moderation, this isn't necessarily true. Again, people have already stated they've used wax for 4+ years with no problems. Why can't you get your head around this? Is it because you don't want to admit you're wrong? I'm aware that wax can cause damage to hair, and I'm also aware that it can cause no damage. You just seem to be so caught up in this campaign against wax that it's keeping you from finding the truth. When one is blind by ego, the truth can't be found.

soaringeagle said:
dreads are your identity do you wish to lose your identity in a few years//

your dreads health is your choice u can have stiff sticky and moldy or clean free of crap and real it is your choice but we are offering u the truth and not for profit while johny contradicts himself constantly and lies about everything just to sell u harmful crap its your choice to make fall for a lie or listen to truth
do you want dreads for a year or a lifetime

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the truth is it is harmgfull yo everyone who uses it to a defgree 90% devastation dread loss 10% just stiff gross dreads thats the fucking truth SikTh_Man said:
Again, as we've already made clear, wax won't guarantee make you'll lose your dreads. All of this bias nonsense you keep spitting out about how wax will make dreads sticky or moldy is really immature. If you use too much, it can cause these problems. In conscious moderation, this isn't necessarily true. Again, people have already stated they've used wax for 4+ years with no problems. Why can't you get your head around this? Is it because you don't want to admit you're wrong? I'm aware that wax can cause damage to hair, and I'm also aware that it can cause no damage. You just seem to be so caught up in this campaign against wax that it's keeping you from finding the truth. When one is blind by ego, the truth can't be found.

soaringeagle said:
dreads are your identity do you wish to lose your identity in a few years//

your dreads health is your choice u can have stiff sticky and moldy or clean free of crap and real it is your choice but we are offering u the truth and not for profit while johny contradicts himself constantly and lies about everything just to sell u harmful crap its your choice to make fall for a lie or listen to truth
do you want dreads for a year or a lifetime

--
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
Dude, are his dreads even real?! I really really doubt it. With his grade of hair, I honestly doubt his "locs" are real.

GreyGargoyle said:
I don't know which video it is. I forgot, SE will provide you a link though. I think it is the "lock docta" video. I'm not hating, man. I'm stating the facts.DREADSLOCKS ARE STRONG...no matter what you do to em they will still dread. But in the end it's much better to allow them to dread naturally and that is my OPINION. And everything that I stated in my other post is absolutely TRUE. If Jonny Clean didn't HATE on NATURAL dreads and then tell everyone that we need to buy his shit to be presentable or have REAL dreads then do you think we'd HATE on his fake ass crap locks?lol, sorry about that I got into it. Take care, man. HAHA, I'm weird. Alex Ridge said:
show me the video..

no i just hate haters
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i just looked at your pictures and your pictures are a clear case for why u shouldnt wax...lol

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
they're probably NOT real. Considering his GF sloan's look IDENTICAL to his! ZuriYAH "Zii" said:
Dude, are his dreads even real?! I really really doubt it. With his grade of hair, I honestly doubt his "locs" are real.

GreyGargoyle said:
I don't know which video it is. I forgot, SE will provide you a link though. I think it is the "lock docta" video. I'm not hating, man. I'm stating the facts. DREADSLOCKS ARE STRONG...no matter what you do to em they will still dread. But in the end it's much better to allow them to dread naturally and that is my OPINION. And everything that I stated in my other post is absolutely TRUE. If Jonny Clean didn't HATE on NATURAL dreads and then tell everyone that we need to buy his shit to be presentable or have REAL dreads then do you think we'd HATE on his fake ass crap locks?

lol, sorry about that I got into it. Take care, man. HAHA, I'm weird.
Alex Ridge said:
show me the video..

no i just hate haters

/ 17

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form