Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Q About Dr. B's Soap and Hair Dye

HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
15 years ago
93 posts
My daughter wants to dye her hair blue, what brand do you use? I have used Special Effects on myself before but I am always interested in new products. Charleigh Graham said:
hiya! just had to put in my two cents, i have blue hair, and i only use Dr.Bronners liquid soap, dilluted. in the past 8 months i have only had to dye it twice! i dont find it strips out the color any faster than anything else, i wash my hair once a week, sometimes longer. :)

updated by @healingamungthetrees: 07/11/15 05:34:56AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
ok my guide to dr b flavorsteatree possibly the best it is anticeptic kills germs helps dandruff (to an extrent too much can dry scalp if severe dandruff instrad of using more, add some rosemary)teetree also can repell bugs somewhatpeppermint tingles feels cool can also relieve sinus congestioneucolyptus same as peppermint but might repell mosquitos somewhat (teatree repells nice somewhat)almond soooooothing smells heavenlylavander has some anti mold propertiescitrus well if u waxed this probly would remove more wax then any othersdid i miss any

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
Chevelle Trant said:
My hairs dyed and i use dr bronners all the time. Just make sure you use a good dye is all,, and stay away from the peppermint bronners cuz that will strip you.
Oooooo I bet thats my problem then, I use peppermint bronners.. Thats why my dirtyblondred/light brown (an attempt to get all my hair as close to my natural hair color as possible) dye from June is fading back to the blond highlights underneath.
Alex Haighton Kerr
@alex-haighton-kerr
13 years ago
11 posts

my hair dye is being stripped really quickly too! i use the bicarbonate soda rinse with lavender, teatree and rosemary.

i have very dark hair but bleached it ages ago, then dyed it red after a while and then a darker purple but every time it gets stripped back to a dirty colour i dont think the blonde is letting anything stick but i also dont think my hair has ever been so clean sinse i had dreads...kinda stuck!!!!

Are there any colours that any one knows of actually being resiliant to the soda rinse??

Red, dark brown ??

i wanna feel unique and i am used to pink hair but i feel with dreads i can be unique with a more 'normal' colour but i just wish it would stick around long enough for me to get used to it!! ha

Cheers!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
how aboit,.lyour natural color? that will be yours the rest of your life

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
13 years ago
101 posts
Im only 27 and am getting alot of gray in some of my locks. Honestly I couldn't be more stoked, I wish more would hurry up and come! :) as for your question tho, all I've used for several years now even before my locks is dr. B's and have definatly noticed more grey since so mebbe it makes you get grey faster? Haha I dunno :)
Denise ∞
@denise
13 years ago
83 posts
I'm 30 and have a lot of grey hairs. Found my first two when I was 17. I've already prepared myself mentally thatI won't be able to dye my hair until it starts to lock up properly. As I'm only a month into my, mostly natural, journey that might not be until next year! :P
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
the bs/acv killed the red in my hair...not a big deal cause i'm planning on green for st. patty's day then prolly going back to my natural color...the dr. b's i haven't noticed too much stripping but i have the teatree type so maybe that's why
Alex Haighton Kerr
@alex-haighton-kerr
13 years ago
11 posts

great i might give Dr.B's a try then and just see if i see a difference it not that i can even go natural it just stripes it all out so i look washed ot a faded! nice!

Thanks for the advice

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form