Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

teach a teacher about dreads and dread wax

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
sister i can agree with you to a pointand that point is that many believe that is the right way and only wayim on yahoo answers alot and more a more u see answers saying that to dread you must go to a salon so they wonmt be messed up or u gotta use wax etc etc ofcourse when i say no thats the wriong way to fgo my answers aleways chosen as best but before someone was out there telling thetruth threwas alot of info saing you should go to salons and use waxtheres yjose who choose to go the vanity route and intentionaly screw up theyre dreads for the sake of vanity then theres the others who are simply mislead and conned into believing they had to

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 05:21:10AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well its not only a laxck of education but its bold faced lies put out by profiteering scammers like dreadheadhq and knottyboytheyt make dreading into a complicated 15 part process with 6 different tools you need and 15 difgferent products and then suddenly a simple natural process seems very hard and time consumming unless u buy buy buy to make it easylack of education would be easy to fix if all the info oput there was truthfull but the fact is those companies expecuialy dhhq burry you in lies so truth is hard to find

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20080230246 this is a tool invented by some dude who odviosly thinks dreads are machine made it as far as i can tell totates around the dread pounding hundreds of sharp needles into the hairhe tried showing it off on another forum as a way to make and maintain dreasds and was laughed at ofcoursebut thats just the kinda thing salons would buy intothey dont understand dreading as a natural process only somrthing to be forced by unatural means

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thatts what happens when u scam enough to be able to afford to pay 50,000 to consukltants to get ya up that high plus they use affiliate sites ..blogs sites like perfectdreadlocks howtodread extc etc etc bu the thousands and it doesnt even mayyer of those sites get into high possitions just the fact that theres thousands of links to dreadheadhq means they get ranked higherflooding the web with these "doorway pages"m makes sure they get the most traffic to themlook at adult freindfinder and how they market hundreds of thousands of phony prophiles on every site imaginsble andevery instant messager or chat thing all these fake profiles linking to that site not only brings in traffic of ppl silly enough to click on em but also just by having so many links to the site keeps thenm at the top of dating searchesits scumbag matketting at its best

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
not too much different from automated crochet or felting Sister Rags said:
NO WAY, man!!! That "device" would be like sticking your head in a blender - I am serious! Now, THAT is scary!

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
another huge issue with the current way "loctitions" are trained is they can escape blame by simply saying "thats just your opinion but ive been professionaly trained to do it this way"dread perms are notoriusly badsand should only be concidered as a last resoort when everything else has failed.one of our members went to a drewad salon ..a 7 hour drive to get his dreads professionaly donethe woman insisted because his hair was "too healthy" he needed a dread perm.. and she left it on 3 rimes longer then recomended to be sure sghe did enough damage to overcome the "too healthy" conditionhe canme to this site his whole body itching and scabbinghe was told not to wash till he got wax and could wax his messthe "dreads" loked like normal but damaged hair loosely held tigerther with rubberbands and (forgive me brother but its true but its ok too we'll help u recover best we can) they looked rterrible..the worse dreadheadhq waxy disasters looked betterhe was charged 250 bucks and sent home with bad info to not wash leave in bands anbd smear in waxwhen he called to complain her responce was "thats just your opinion ive been trained to do it this way"the biggest problem is with the training itself!!!

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
you should contact them and ask what is meant by conflicying interests Knottysleeves said:
Knottyboy has cashed in on the "education" scam by offering a 2-day $1600 training course to become an affiliate loctician:

http://www.knottyboy.com/salon/stylist_training/

Two days of learning how to backcomb, crochet, tie roots (the KB method involves thread-wrapping the roots) and apply wax. Is that supposed to turn you into a dread expert?!

And that's just "Level 1" of the training. I'm scared to ask what "Level 2" might include!

Even funnier -- if you read the fine print in the downloadable brochure, they say residents of certain areas (ie., anywhere near Toronto or Vancouver, KB's headquarters) are not allowed to take the course. Nor can you take it if your "interests conflict" with KB and their associates. I guess they don't want any competition.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i know its all a learning experience but what a shame iy is that so many come here on theyre 2nd 3rd 4th attempts after being mislead over and over ..and finding natural and product free was the only way to go to keep theyre dreads healthy

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well i leave the g off of ing's all the time like deadin and dancin and smilin and playinanytime i actualy do type the g its a typobut thats just an old habbiitjohny does it to increase the coolness factor l;ike the silly vid graphics and effectsbutta dockta peppa its gheto cool gangsta ..oh btw knotty u tracked down his true identity his names not joghny..i wonder what wed find if we tried to put together a lil bio of the real dudejohny is all about making his image seem cool u can trust him hes not corporate scum hes johny cool from the streetshe intentionaly acts stupid so u think ah hes just a spaced out stonerhis whole acts very calculated and intentionaly manipulative CBD Makarov said:
I want to just say something...

Well...anybody who uses an A in place of ER usually loses all credibility with me.
Naming something "Lock Peppa" and "Dread Docta" or whatever is just damning the products.
I mean who in the world buys products with labels like that...
It would make you look like a blithering moron, lol. No offense to anyone.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
on yahoo n answers 2 mist common dread questions are "how much do dreasds cost in ____" and "where can i get dreads done in_____"proves more ppl think dreasds are something u gotta pay for and get done by a pro

--

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form