Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread wax why ya don't want it why ya don't need it and how to remove it

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

Somebody told me when I got my dreads backcombed first off that I looked like I stuck my finger in an electric socket LOL

soaring eagle said:

look at any backcombed dreads in the 1st few days and tell me they dont look goofy
ADH
@adh
13 years ago
1 posts

I tried the dish washing liquid method and it worked. I don't use dawnso I used what I had. It actually works. It didn't remove 100% of the wax but I am pretty sure with persistance I'll get it. =)

Sweet,
@sweet
13 years ago
133 posts

JUst had a brain storm idea, would it work if you held a pair of either hair crimpers or hot tongs from roots of dreads to ends and as you heat each part until melting point (for the wax) then straight away squeezed the heated part of the dread with absorbant toilet paper. You would litteraly see the wax drip out at first.

Sweet.

Sweet,
@sweet
13 years ago
133 posts

A way to be sure of getting it all out would be do all ideas above and just change for 1 idea to another when your tired of doing the same thing.

Sweet

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea both ideas are good

and yea its best to alternate using each method for max effect

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brina
@brina
12 years ago
1 posts

Thanks a bunch for this post!! It was really informative!

Sharon Willis
@sharon-willis
11 years ago
2 posts
Thanks heaps no more wax for my dreads only be using it for six days hope my dreads will be ok after I've clean them
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well its very hard to remove so just cleaning them wont do the trick u have to use agressiv e measures to remove it

--
Novicedreads
@novicedreads
11 years ago
1 posts
I just started dreading and am very inexperienced. I used styling wax to start them last night. Should I start over or does styling wax wash out?
updated by @novicedreads: 07/22/15 05:57:09AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

no wax washes out u should start over for sure

how did u start

--

/ 17

Dislike 0

Tags