Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lazy Crocheter

Sophie Helen Bulbring Robertson
@sophie-helen-bulbring-robertson
11 years ago
13 posts

i cant see my sculp now, but i can after i crochet, so can u heal that baldness?

so no twisting or anything, i must leave my hair? but what about my dreads combining?

updated by @sophie-helen-bulbring-robertson: 07/03/15 06:25:18AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

If you stop messing with your scalp for long enough, you can heal it. But it can get to a point that it's hard to heal, or nearly impossible. But that would be a few years down the line of regularly "maintaining" you hair.

As your locks combine, just pull them apart. But only if they start to combing up the body of the lock. If they are congoed together within 1/2 inch of the root, don't bother. You don't need to separate them all the way to the scalp. If, when you separate 2, they seem to be still connected, but can't be pulled apart, leave them for a later date. I have a video on my page that shows how to go about separating locks

11 years ago
13 posts

okay, wow, that helped a lot, thank you.

any other tips? or specifics things i should do? or not do more importantly

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

seperate by pulling apart

growr=th is healthy it belings there and it foerms new dreads ove tine

Sophie Helen Bulbring Robertson said:

i cant see my sculp now, but i can after i crochet, so can u heal that baldness?

so no twisting or anything, i must leave my hair? but what about my dreads combining?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lion
@lion
11 years ago
2 posts
I stopped crocheting about a year ago and they began dreading themselves quickly. You may have some thin ones fall out because the new growth goes to another dread instead. You will feel so much better and feel more respect for your dreads and others with natural dreads.
11 years ago
13 posts

none of them are thin though, but i do have the tinniest of bald spots which i think might be from the dreads or crocheting, do u think it will go away? also does the weight of the dreads cause balding?

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Glad you listened to Baba Fats and Soaring Eagle. All you need to do now is wash with the dread friendly shampoo or bar, separate any sections trying to join together and let your hair be. That's it. Don't expect miracles right away, it probably will take more than a year for your dreads to repair the damage, but it will happen. All you new growth will be strong and happy....just sit back and enjoy the changes...without doing a thing....peace

11 years ago
13 posts

where do i find dread friendly shampoo?

and thank you all

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

If you have soft water in South Africa, you can use many kinds of dread shampoo, an example is Dr.Bronners which is easy to find in many places, but not sure about your country. For the best dread shampoo and bars that is available, and works in hard water, is www.dreadlockshampoo.com

this is located in the States. There are shipping charges. To find out your cost, click the item you want and save to cart, it will take you to a page that has a shipping estimator. Click that to find out your charges. You can spend $45.00 on products before the shipping cost goes higher. Just keep adding items to your cart, check the shipping cost, when it goes up, just take off an item. My liquid shampoos I have had for 5 months and have only gone through a half bottle, they last a very long time, well worth the shipping charges.....peace and love to Africa

Sophie Helen Bulbring Robertson said:

where do i find dread friendly shampoo?

and thank you all

11 years ago
13 posts

shipping charges are horrible, and thats about 450 rand for one shampoo, shu, thats a lot, i'll take a look around here before shipping in products, but thanks.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form