Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads look grey after washing my hair with baking soda??

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

as long asit dries if its still wet as in just out of the shoi=ower wert do it now if its mostly dry wait till its good nd dry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 05:15:42PM
Dez Flint
@dez-flint
11 years ago
36 posts

Alright, and what is ACV? I use it after washing my hair?

soaring eagle said:

as long asit dries if its still wet as in just out of the shoi=ower wert do it now if its mostly dry wait till its good nd dry

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Dez, the Island Oil is no good for your dreads. Use essential oils only if you are Caucasian.

Dez Flint
@dez-flint
11 years ago
36 posts

Alright so since I have black hair texture I shouldn't use that? Alright so what oils are good for me? I didn't think that the oils that you use are dependent on hair texture

the Barrellady said:

Dez, the Island Oil is no good for your dreads. Use essential oils only if you are Caucasian.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

apple cider vinager

baking soda is alkaline thats how it cleans so well but it changes the hair and scalp ph ballance so acv is a weak acid that resets the ph

but u never want the 2 to come in contact so u always rinse out the bs well b4 u use acv

Dez Flint said:

Alright, and what is ACV? I use it after washing my hair?

soaring eagle said:

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

oh well if your black its lil better but aloe or jojobas better olive oils kinda too heavy its used alot because it makes uu very oily and doest wash away too easily

but jojobas a ber=tter option its nearly identical cghemicaly to yoir skins natural oils

Dez Flint said:

Alright so since I have black hair texture I shouldn't use that? Alright so what oils are good for me? I didn't think that the oils that you use are dependent on hair texture

the Barrellady said:

--
Dez Flint
@dez-flint
11 years ago
36 posts

Okay! Cool, thanks everyone. I will go ahead and try it tomorrow. I will get the AVC as well, it sounds like it smells good too! Maybe I will pick up lavender too, I heard that was good!

soaring eagle said:

oh well if your black its lil better but aloe or jojobas better olive oils kinda too heavy its used alot because it makes uu very oily and doest wash away too easily

but jojobas a ber=tter option its nearly identical cghemicaly to yoir skins natural oils

Dez Flint said:

the Barrellady said:

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Ha, Ha, Ha, sorry but Apple Cider Vinegar smell like crap.

Joey5
@joey5
11 years ago
83 posts
Not like crap....like vinegar. Jaja
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Having a couple tablespoons of acv diluted with 5 cups water really lessens the smell. Add a few drops of an essential oils and you won't smell the vinegar at all.Tea tree oil is good for helping correct dandruff. Helps keep bugs away too.Lavender is antibacterial, good for killing/ preventing mold and mildew.Rosemary is good for helping reduce flakes and itching too.In my opinion, this is the absolute best combination of oils.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form