Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

gross dreads

k money
@k-money
11 years ago
114 posts

is there any in particular that you would recommend?

soaring eagle said:

no and they are highly toxic and not made for every day use

k money said:

are there any clarifying shampoos that are residue free?

updated by @k-money: 07/20/15 10:04:11AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

any are ok for a 1 time use and to use a couple times a y4ear but none are ok for regular use they asre made for removing buildup when buildup gets too heavy they are not intended to be used as a regular wash

k money said:

is there any in particular that you would recommend?

soaring eagle said:

no and they are highly toxic and not made for every day use

k money said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Neutrogena Anti - Residue Shampoo will work. It is strong & not recommended to use more than 2 or 3 times a year, but when needed, it really works. When rinsing it out, you will see the water turn blackish, that is the stuff coming out of your hair. It may make your scalp itchy for a week or so, but at least the dreads will be clean. I had build up due to hard water & my dreads thanked me for using this. I added it to 5 cups water to dilute it first. After using, rinse, rinse, rinse. :)

KnotLady said:

thats something ive been wondering

k money said:

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

good to know. weve got hard water too so that might be a good investment. probably last forever lol

the Barrellady said:

Neutrogena Anti - Residue Shampoo will work. It is strong & not recommended to use more than 2 or 3 times a year, but when needed, it really works. When rinsing it out, you will see the water turn blackish, that is the stuff coming out of your hair. It may make your scalp itchy for a week or so, but at least the dreads will be clean. I had build up due to hard water & my dreads thanked me for using this. I added it to 5 cups water to dilute it first. After using, rinse, rinse, rinse. :)

KnotLady said:

thats something ive been wondering

k money said:

k money
@k-money
11 years ago
114 posts

I got the results now. I bought and used the Neutrogena Anti- Residue Shampoo, and it still did not remove stuff in the dreads, they were still looking darker and greasy near the base or the dreads. I then waited about 2 weeks and tried it again with the same results, dreads looked greasy in areas, and not only that but that Neutrogena conditions your hair a little, no doubt. My other option i hadnt tried was just using dawn dish soap. So last night i tried it, and with in one wash my dreads are clean, all the greasy looking stuff is gone. I would definitely recommend Dawn for people with stubborn grease or whatever like me, just dont do it often at all.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

ok so lets diagnose

had u ever used wax gels olive oil any other heavy oils like africas best

--
k money
@k-money
11 years ago
114 posts

i started with wax, but removed it with wax-be-gone. Other than that i used a shea butter mixture once, because someone recommended it. Didnt like that. I used to put in some rosemary and lavender oil when i did my BS/ACV wash, but last couple months ive been using the dreadlocksshampoo bar. I dont know how my dreads got greasy like they did, but im good now

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

only think i can think of is the wax wasnyt 100% removed

--
Sarah Smile
@sarah-smile
11 years ago
43 posts

they look fine to me. my dreads looked a little like that for while...kinda flat and matted at the scalp. give it a few months...they'll fluff up and even out

Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
11 years ago
92 posts
I had to use Dawn once. It works wonders in a pinch.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form