Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The hair on top?

Hannah Wright
@hannah-wright
11 years ago
22 posts
So I've noticed how the layers underneath (but mostly in the middle) of my hair are dreading quite nicely. However the top of my hair has yet to even begin to lock up. Is there any way to sort if cause some friction on the top of my head order to get the top dreading at the same rate as the rest of my hair? I know patience is virtue but lately I've been getting impatient and discouraged. I need some words of hope lol. Please and thank you,Love to all <3
updated by @hannah-wright: 01/13/15 09:43:20PM
Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

That is completely normal for that to happen. you gotta be patient lol you're doing just fine. dreads are naturally behind one another in terms of timing. unless you're looking for that "manufactured" look, then you should just let them do their thing.

Hannah Wright
@hannah-wright
11 years ago
22 posts
I know I'm just so excited to see what they look like in the future that I get carried away and forget the reason I decided to do this in the first place, which was to let go.
Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

i'm right there with you.

Hannah Wright said:

I know I'm just so excited to see what they look like in the future that I get carried away and forget the reason I decided to do this in the first place, which was to let go.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

hang from yoir ankles upside down so your head just touches the pillow then get someone to give ya a lil push so you rock back and forth like a pendulum with yoir hair rubbing on the pillow

or..just wait

i think just waitings lil more comfortable

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

It'll just take some time. Take a look through my pics. All but maybe 3 of lock locks are all around the sides of my head. Only in the last year have I begun to see locks forming on top. Granted, I'm one of those people who's hair lock up slowly. But you can see that you're not alone, and that it doesn't look bad

OliviaJonas Aley
@oliviajonas-aley
11 years ago
30 posts

Same for me! In fact I have quite a lot of loose strands that I am beginning to wonder what to do with them. I have been banned from the crochet hook, and I am having trouble keeping beads in. So at the moment they are just chilling looking kinda messy at the moment! I am talking myself through all of my hard times by telling myself not to do anything differently--like giving up/starting over/abandoning dreads altogether--until it has been a full year! Bear with me, it has only been a month and a half so its a long road!

Patience WILL be your virtue that will reward you immensely in the end!

Mary5
@mary5
11 years ago
2 posts

Aye sister! I'm right there with you, most of the hair on the top of my head has sectioned itself out and started to lock up, but the hair all around my neck and ears is still soft & fluffy. Not to sound like a broken record here, but it just takes time & patience. Sometimes I find myself getting irritated because I'll notice one week a few pieces of hair around my ears have formed a lock, only to find them fall out a few days later. Ya just gottta let it be, it'll lock up when it's ready.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form