Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Re-back combing half a dread? - Recommended?

az
@az
12 years ago
6 posts

Hey all I had a friend section and backcomb my hair excatly 2 weeks ago, i have 33 dread and there actually pretty tight already, also pretty thin compared to alot of others iv seen. anyway I havent blunted any of tips and i dont plan too for atleast another month or so when i see my friend again, so a couple of the dreads at the front started off really tight all the way through but now it seems half the dread is tight and theother half has loosend, it has notcome out orlost shape justgot really soft and loose,is it recommended to reback up to the tight point of the dread again?Hope to hear from people thankl you.

updated by @az: 01/13/15 09:41:25PM
Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

You must remove the wax before you do anything else, it will stop the hair from knotting up, it is really nasty stuff, it causes alot of long term problems.. You need to use detergent, or a product called wax b gone. It is essential to remove the wax. I'm sure some one else will chime in about the re back combing, I've never done that.

Good luck,

tim

Anna3
@anna3
12 years ago
70 posts

I've read that re-backcombing just starts the process all over again. I started my dreads with TnR and a lot of them came undone about half way. I'm just letting them do their thing now because eventually everything will knot up. I believe it will be the same with the backcombing. Just keep sectioning your hair and eventually the loose parts will become knotted and matted together. Time and patience is the key to beautiful dreadlocks. Plus backcombing breaks a lot of hair causing a lot of damage. Hope I helped some! Happy dreading <3

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no absolutely not also dont blunt the tips either blunt tuips hold in water making them tal[ke 5 tikmes lonhger to dry

rebackcombing only adds to the damage causedby backcombing amfd resets the progress to day 1

loosening is progress they have to loosen to drad

and if u rebackcomb they are only going to loosen again and again 1 member rebackombed weekly for a year saw no progress at all then stopped in 1 month saw more progress then a year of rebckcombing

oh god no u used wazx?

wax opprevebnts dreading if your freind put wax in them do not let that freind touch them ever they know nothing at all about proper dreading they will ruin them forever

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
az
@az
12 years ago
6 posts

ok thanks for the replys i will just leave it! Wow everyones going mad about the wax, im only putting in the smallest amount barely anything, only for the first couple of weeks and then il stop??? Iv read so many mixed reviews on wax seems like everyone i have met with dreads all started off with wax only at the start. so im assuming its ok just to get them started with,

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form