Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Time for Wash?

Rain Francis
@rain-francis
12 years ago
11 posts

Is there a way to keep dreads from not being too thick? I plan for them to be rather concise rather than very large and thick. The sections actually started out to be fairly small.....Somehow they just got larger over time. I promise I won't twist them anymore, though i will say sometimes I can't stop touching them lol. How long does it take for those shampoo to ship?

updated by @rain-francis: 07/23/15 03:27:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

sections will grow together if u do[ont seperate u mean the dreads or the root areas

cause twisting pulls a wide area into a small 1 thats why they thin and break it looks like they were started that big to me

and thats how u contri[ol the thickness is by seperating so none get too thick

i have a feeling some salons make u go bald so start out too thick to begin with so u dont notice the balding as quick

dreads ..healthy reads will thicken up to the root wrea of the section and shouldnt have scalp shiowing where that border is

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rain Francis
@rain-francis
12 years ago
11 posts

Interesting, I never thought of them that way. Is there a method to seperating them? I should have to seperate and twist them right? And you still recommend washning them 3-2 times out of the week?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes wash dont twist twisting causes the thinning and balding

seperate by the popping methi[od just pull them away from eachother to keep them from growing together

dont twist at all

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

couiunt how many u have too

--
jacquie2
@jacquie2
12 years ago
24 posts

what kind of hair do you have are you afro- american, is your hair super fine? all i really can tell you is what every one else is truely have patience and wash them as needed and seperate every now and then i will occasionally fix them abit at work but mostly wrap them in a head wrap (usually a Nefertiti wrap) occasionnally i do cover my greys with a chemical hair dye (wich if you are trying to stay all natural is pretty much verboten,my motto is as long as your having fun!

Rain Francis
@rain-francis
12 years ago
11 posts

I defintiely have afro american hair, a traded a small fro to start my dread locks. Every now and then I wrap it up with my doo-rag at night. My hair is feeling a little greasy but they really don't feel like they need to be washed, I get an ich every now and then but I feel like there is something else I'm suppose to do to keep up with them...Seems a little to easy I guess. It feels like I'm suppose to give them a bit of a wash considering it's been one month...But I really don't know.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

look up cupidvalentino1 on youtube. he has some really nice herbal hair tea recipes that he recommends for all dreadheads but especially african americans. he also shows how to wash dreads.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
12 years ago
1,302 posts

Good tip Heather, I will look this up too.

Heather said:

look up cupidvalentino1 on youtube. he has some really nice herbal hair tea recipes that he recommends for all dreadheads but especially african americans. he also shows how to wash dreads.

Ty Pitts
@ty-pitts
12 years ago
1 posts

hey buddy, i also have African hair and i started off just like you, twisting , because i couldnt be patience with my journey but i was for geting why i chose this journey and that was for the purpose to bee free and pure, listen to what these beautiful people tell you , they wont do you wrong ,every since i decided to keep my hands out of my hair and wash ago , i felt a lot better about myself and wake up every morning with a smile on my face, the way i look at is go natural or dont go at all. Dont give up great things come in time, success comes withpatience

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form