dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Making A Leave in Spray from Essential Oils

Cormac C
@cormac-c
12 years ago
4 posts

Hi All,

My 1st post - aside from my introduction - so go easy on me ;)

I have recently bought a couple of essential oils. I want to make a conditioning leave in spray that can cover as many healthy, strengthening and soothing areas as possible (kind of a one stop fix).

I'm planning on using this every 2 or 3 days to envigerate my hair a bit more.

I have put all my maintanence and prodcut info on my profile if anyone needs that level of detail.

So I want to make a 20oz mis in a spray bottle, with the main focuses being (in order):

Aiding a healthy scalp, strengthening dreads, reducing dryness and scratchiness, smelling nice :)

I have bought the following and was looking for you guys to recommend mixing ratios (Also info on carrier oils would be GREAT, i am really confused about those even after reading so info, do i need one? or will oils mix with water?

Tea Tree Oil

Rosemary

Lavender

Ylang Ylang

Jojoba

Sage

Lemon/Orange Oil

Any suggestions advice would be greatly appreciated. I would like ideally to mix all 6 to create a Super Spray... but i understand this might not be the best idea (do some essential oils have conflicting/contradicting purposes???)

Thanks

Cormac

updated by @cormac-c: 01/13/15 09:39:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the scratchiness ois caused by the crochet and crochet rwecovery takes a very lob-ng time so throw the hook away

conditioning is accomplished by the carrior oil ..jojoba your not going to want to have any of them too strong so you will want a water base even tho they dont mix well in water u will have to shake alot b4 each use

in 20 ounces id guesstimate

1/8 teaspoon of jojoba (qa dropperfull about) 20 drops teatree 30-50 of the rest

no orange/lemon

(that can be used to remove wax but your better off using the wax b gone) citic acids too strong and soaks into the inner lqyers of the hair and slowly breaks it down

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form