dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Mass Congoes, what to do?

RollRemedies
@rollremedies
12 years ago
12 posts

Peace friends,

I've been dreading a little over 10 months now. Most of my dreads are moderate in width but towards the back side of my head I have a collection of about 6-8 dreads that are locking up at this one massive root, Im down with fat locks but this almost looks closer to a uni-dread hahaha, any tips on seperation or how to prevent??

love&blessings

updated by @rollremedies: 01/13/15 09:29:02PM
RollRemedies
@rollremedies
12 years ago
12 posts

theres an attachment with a picture of the specific lock also^

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yikes preventions simple fixing not so

to prevent congos simply pull dreads away from eachother breaking connectu=ing hairs

once it gets to the point yoir at tho this might be trouble

try pulling them apaart as much as u can with wet hair

then try applying olive oil directly to just the connecting hairs and pull aparrt

then try slipping a finger under a few hairs at a tme and oulling upwards

if u get to the point where they will not come apart further no matter what u do then very careful surgery should be the last ressort pull them away from eachother puuting tension on the connecting hairs then with either a razorblade exacto knife or tiny scissors slice down carefully snipping only a few hairs at a time till u can pull and rip more

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Is it just the bottom 2 inches that are congoed (it's a little hard to tell for me)

Pretty much everything that SE has just posted is good practice. If it comes down to surgery then you should definitely get someone you trust to help you since they are at the back of your head (don't wanna accidentally scalp yourself!)

Also keep in mind that, when you separate them that you do not need to go clear to the scalp. There should be a little hair coverage between partings (this is good for protection against the sun.)

RollRemedies
@rollremedies
12 years ago
12 posts

HaHaHa, Yikes is correct :/ Valerie, it is only about the bottom two inches, the roots are the only parts that are really connected as of now, but they are pretty stuck together. at my next wash I will try some of the suggestions though!

thanks!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form