Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help with 2 strand dreads

shay
@shay
12 years ago
12 posts

ok so i have been starting the process of dreading my hair for the 5th time and i am going to start them with the two strand twist because i have curly thick hair. i mean its really pretty hair. but anywho. before i started twisting i washed my hair and i conditioned it. my question is did i make a mistake and is that the reason my hair took so long to lock the last time? please help me because i want to do them differently this time and i really want them to work out.

updated by @shay: 01/13/15 09:28:19PM
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Conditioner tends to deposit moisturizers on the hair and will definitely set back dreads because it will be too slick to know up. Take a look at the dreaducaiton pages on various shampoo alternatives that will help clean you scalp as well as keep your hair residue free to promote dreading.

shay
@shay
12 years ago
12 posts

so what exactly do i do? do i wash my hair with the shampoo that is residue free even though i just started them?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes use a dread soap thats residue free and non conditioning

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
shay
@shay
12 years ago
12 posts

where can i get the dead soap from without waiting for it to come in the mail because i would need it asap

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

To be perfectly honest, when I ordered my soap from the site it came super fast in the mail.

Also, if you want to go the Dr, Bronners route, there are some stores that sell Bronners (such as Trader Joes and Whole Foods.) If you decide to go the baking soda (BS) and Apple Cider Vinegar rinse (ACV) you can get those at any grocery store (essential oils you may need to go to a health food store for, specifically though.)

shay
@shay
12 years ago
12 posts

ok i will mos def do that...will this work for me because i have kinky curly think pretty hair?

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

It'll work. All hair dreads, some takes longer than others, but I reckon your hair will dread pretty quickly if it's that wild kind of hair. Then again, how come you started over 5 times? It'll work for you, but the results won't be quick, you'll have to be patient of course. Good luck with your dreading :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form