Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What about lice in dreadlocks?

Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
Awww :( well now you know for the future bud. Sorry to hear about your locks man Bradills said:
Arrgghh,dye even works? why didnt i find this site sooner?

updated by @courtney-j: 07/23/15 03:26:41AM
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
Yeah I know what cha mean, I would be totally lost without my dreadies. Thats the major reason why I started this discussion :) Bradillz said:
Yes i do now now,its just hard seeing all these beautiful locks on this site and know knowin i could of saved mine but as i said to soraingeagle 'things happen for a reason'. Thankyou Courtney J,i will get there again eventually and start feelin like myself again.With new beginnings come new adventures ;)
SE wouldnt the mayonese cause the dreads to slip and loosin and be hard to get it all out?

Courtney J said:
Awww :( well now you know for the future bud. Sorry to hear about your locks man

Bradills said:
Arrgghh,dye even works? why didnt i find this site sooner?
Redlock
@redlock
14 years ago
23 posts
how long of an Acv soak afterwards ? soaringeagle said:
neem seed oil

alcahol and cayan

sulpher powder

with any do a straight undiluted apple cidar vinagar soak after
repeaqt often to break reproduction cycle

wash absolutely everything all clothes all furniture
if your cars infestted..seal it up for 2 weeks let em starve..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what i found worked amazung was 70% rubbing alcahol pour it on grit your teeth and bear rthe burning if your scalps all chewed up.. try to let it stay 1/2 hour but if u cant bear it as long as u canthen do acv rince 10 min or longerrepeat every 3 days for 9 days or moreits very important to do it every 3 days to break the 5 days birth cu\yclewash everything spray down furniture u dont want to risk reinfestation

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Redlock
@redlock
14 years ago
23 posts
thank you. a straight undiluted acv rinse right ?, so i pour the acv on and just let it sit. soaringeagle said:
what i found worked amazung was 70% rubbing alcahol pour it on grit your teeth and bear rthe burning if your scalps all chewed up.. try to let it stay 1/2 hour but if u cant bear it as long as u can

then do acv rince 10 min or longer
repeat every 3 days for 9 days or more
its very important to do it every 3 days to break the 5 days birth cu\ycle
wash everything spray down furniture u dont want to risk reinfestation
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its best to be straight that way it works best to dissolve the egg casings but the scent fades slower it wi;l wotk dilhted somewhat but if u can do straight its best tooh the vinagar may sting too if your heads all chewed up badadding neem seed oil to the wash after seemed to help kill em too but also seemed to help heal the cuts and bites..just be aware if u use alot its hard when cooled so it builds up u might need to use bronners or dawn or some sorta detergent/soap to remove buildup Redlock said:
thank you. a straight undiluted acv rinse right ?, so i pour the acv on and just let it sit.

soaringeagle said:
what i found worked amazung was 70% rubbing alcahol pour it on grit your teeth and bear rthe burning if your scalps all chewed up.. try to let it stay 1/2 hour but if u cant bear it as long as u can

then do acv rince 10 min or longer
repeat every 3 days for 9 days or more
its very important to do it every 3 days to break the 5 days birth cu\ycle
wash everything spray down furniture u dont want to risk reinfestation

--
Redlock
@redlock
14 years ago
23 posts
How did you get rid of the eggs?

Faelwynn said:
Drench your dreads in rubbing alcohol and then tie some sort of bag around them (similar to what you would do if you were coloring with henna). You'll have to repeat this process for 3-7 days though, as it will kill the lice but not the lice eggs. Afterwards, make sure to rinse with acv/vinegar of your choice, and you're gravy!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the repeatting every 3 days kills bugs b4 they can lay eggs the vinagar dissolves the casings so they fall offbut u wont really get rid of all the dead eggs or hatched eggs but they'll disapearthey'll do no harm cause u killed everything living by sticking to the 3 day slaughter schedule Redlock said:

Faelwynn said:
Drench your dreads in rubbing alcohol and then tie some sort of bag around them (similar to what you would do if you were coloring with henna). You'll have to repeat this process for 3-7 days though, as it will kill the lice but not the lice eggs. Afterwards, make sure to rinse with acv/vinegar of your choice, and you're gravy!

--
Redlock
@redlock
14 years ago
23 posts
what would the dead eggs or hatched ones look like? soaringeagle said:
the repeatting every 3 days kills bugs b4 they can lay eggs the vinagar dissolves the casings so they fall off
but u wont really get rid of all the dead eggs or hatched eggs but they'll disapear
they'll do no harm cause u killed everything living by sticking to the 3 day slaughter schedule

Redlock said:

Faelwynn said:

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form