Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wet dog smell: Should I be worried about mold?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well it should come out once dead

but big questions

what were u washing with? and do u have any larger beads or anything in

if you do remove the beads

try a clarifying wash like nutragena daily clarifying or antyo=i residue

non dread soaps can leave alot of soap scum that can be a breading ground for funk

and big beads might trap too much water insidethem too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/11/15 07:00:49AM
ToTheAnkles!
@totheankles
12 years ago
102 posts
In a previous post I mentioned that I only washed with essential oils and soda, I haven't used any shampoo since forever. I don't have any beads or whatever in my hair.Luckily the smell is pretty much concentrated in the root of a big dread now, the rest is completely clean while before it would smell horrible again after a day. Maybe a 3rd final vinegar soak today can get completely rid of it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how thick is the dread it is a danger of huge dreads to get funky but glad your making progress it can take a few treatments to kill

addinglaveny=der to the wash will help further prevent it in the future

oh

neem seed oil why didjnt i mention the magical neem seed oil

?

neem will kill everything i mean literaly all paraysites all funguses all mildews even leprocy

but it is a lil funky smelling itself its a deep earthy smell that almost smells like dirt

it also hardens so u got to heat it up to use it then use hot water to wah it out if u ue too much

but it will kill lice ticks worms (used internaly)

its a super health thing that rids u of any parytic crittersd

and will get rid of any funky mildews

--
ToTheAnkles!
@totheankles
12 years ago
102 posts
It's pretty much gone now. And I was adding lavender to every wash, I think it had more to do with not drying and no vinegar rinse. If vinegar kills it, then even a bit is going to prevent spores from turning into actual mold. If there's very few or no spores in the hair, then how is mold going to grow despite perfect circumstances (dark, wet)?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

lavender is good to use it kills it

so good your doing fine

another saved dread ;)

we ned some webmaster guru to figure out a way to addaw bell to th e site that you can ru=ing everytime we save a deread and somehow ecveryone whos on at the time hears it..lol

or at least a button and counter type thing

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form