What qualigfies as "damage"

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
are you saying we smell? Matted Dew said:
i think it is just a hairstyle
but a hairstyle that is far more descriptive of a persons personality:
how they look, how they feel, how they were done, how they smell, it goes on and on

Iain said:
ah I like how you put it, and to think I thought this was just the same old topic :)

if you look at any ones dreads on this site, I think one of the coolest things is how diverse everyone's is, kinda cool to think we all have dreads, yet no ones is the same, which also supports the argument that dreads are more than just a hairstyle,

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 04:56:54PM
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
everybody n everything smells soaringeagle said:
are you saying we smell?

Matted Dew said:
i think it is just a hairstyle
but a hairstyle that is far more descriptive of a persons personality:
how they look, how they feel, how they were done, how they smell, it goes on and on

Iain said:
ah I like how you put it, and to think I thought this was just the same old topic :)

if you look at any ones dreads on this site, I think one of the coolest things is how diverse everyone's is, kinda cool to think we all have dreads, yet no ones is the same, which also supports the argument that dreads are more than just a hairstyle,
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
lol
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I don't think it was hypocritical, maybe more of a miscommunication on the definition of "natural state". It seems you are defining it as where a person 'feels right' where he is defining it as close to primitive man as possible given the limitations of living in a modern society. I believe both viewpoints on 'natural state' are correct to a degree, but it is up to the individual to decide where their balance is at.On a side note...about tattoos...If a tattoo artist is willing to put flash on someone, that is not someone I'm willing to trust to mark me permanently. Flash on the walls in a shop = run away screaming. Charaxesdistanti said:
I think what you said is hypocritical to a degree. If he thinks that is what his dreads should be then they do represent him. Just like tattoos and piercings, a lot of people have similar or identical ones but everyone got them for different reasons and each one makes that person who they appear to be. Just because his dreads are "perfect" doesn't mean they are any less and it doesn't mean they don't represent his natural state of being.
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
thats a pretty good point, some people like the neatest possible dreads, there is some people with some really good crocheted dreads that are very tidy looking, and that works for them really well to the point I couldn't imagine them being any other way.He's not bashing his methods though, it just seems that the one guy thought that if didj would do things his way he'd be happier with his dreads rather then letting him do it naturally which makes him think that although there probably isn't really any physical damage, the metaphorical damage is that he wants didjs dreads to look more like his with his method.although that might not support him fighting against naturally dreading, perhaps his natural personality supports a different methodthen again I'm really tired so if that doesn't make sense I blame it on my long day :)
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I will go back again and again to the concept of natural development in cases like this.Natures plan IS our plan. We are nature. There is zero difference between creator and creation.So when people see naturalism as dogmatic they are assuming that nature is "someone else's" plan.Nature is our own guide to ourselves. By living naturally we will find the most possible joy. As a culture who has been so far removed from nature, we tend to act from ego and do things just becasue we can do them. Then we say we should be free to do those things but what we don't realize is that natural law is OUR law. We enforce it on ourselves whether we realize it or not.Creations of man that are derived out of a manufactured limitation of nature are counterproductive.Our merits are not measured by the "things" we create, they are ultimately measured by our level of understanding. Manufacturing is an illusion. Art does not belong to us, music does not belong to us. We simply participate in it. When we try to create these things out of ego all we do is impede the natural process.No matter what WE do to our bodies, anyone else can do the exact same thing, but what we ALLOW our bodies to become cannot ever be duplicated.There's nothing you can do that can't be done.Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the gameIt's easy.There's nothing you can make that can't be made.No one you can save that can't be saved.Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be youin time - It's easy.
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Well there are unnatural means we must utilize because we have been seperated from nature. No one is saying that we have to go 100% natural "cold turkey". I am saying that the things that are reasonably within our means and ability to do natural should always be done so in order to achieve a collective realignment.I have stated time and time again that we are forced to utilize manmade tools and techniques becasue we have also manufactured an unnatural habitat for ourselves. We can utilize these tools as a means for making them obsolete as we gradually return to nature. Rev. Niradhara said:
LOL "all you need is love.. doo doo doodoodoo.." you have some good arguements bro - with respect - i just want to add , how are your clothes manufactured? we have a long path to return back to our total natural state - no clothes. and in cold climates all natural and ahimnsa to boot. i personally hand stitch all of my own from pure cotton or hemp. organic cotton when i can get it. i used to do alot of hand dying from plants now i am wearing as part of my sadhana white, undyed. about 5 yrs now. everyone is at some differing stage of this natural state. as you said we are not separate from nature, the way i see it even artifice is somethign we created as creations of the creator. because thsi kind of creation often causes damage, exploitations, etc along the way its not somethig i personlly want to participate in further creating. some seem very very far from nature - meaning harmlessness - some doing what we can, where and how we can with what we gots... its not really fair to make judgement calls. we can be kind in our attempts to educate and live by example best we can. and dont forget to LOVE.

Didjeridurian said:
I will go back again and again to the concept of natural development in cases like this.
Natures plan IS our plan. We are nature. There is zero difference between creator and creation.
So when people see naturalism as dogmatic they are assuming that nature is "someone else's" plan.
Nature is our own guide to ourselves. By living naturally we will find the most possible joy. As a culture who has been so far removed from nature, we tend to act from ego and do things just becasue we can do them. Then we say we should be free to do those things but what we don't realize is that natural law is OUR law. We enforce it on ourselves whether we realize it or not.
Creations of man that are derived out of a manufactured limitation of nature are counterproductive.
Our merits are not measured by the "things" we create, they are ultimately measured by our level of understanding. Manufacturing is an illusion. Art does not belong to us, music does not belong to us. We simply participate in it. When we try to create these things out of ego all we do is impede the natural process.
No matter what WE do to our bodies, anyone else can do the exact same thing, but what we ALLOW our bodies to become cannot ever be duplicated.

There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy.
There's nothing you can make that can't be made.
No one you can save that can't be saved.
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you
in time - It's easy.
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
This thread made me think alot. my brain hurts >.<</body>
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/mad-mad-world/Pee-in-the-shower-says-environmental-group/articleshow/4939774.cms Random link! FTW! Blonde Dready said:
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
lolniceWhy not just pee outside on the ground though? Anubis said:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/mad-mad-world/Pee-in-the-s...

Random link! FTW!

Blonde Dready said:

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form