Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baking Soda makes my hair dirty :(

Andrea Schneider
@andrea-schneider
13 years ago
51 posts
i've been using BS to wash my hair for 3 weeks now and it makes my hair feel gross and dirty. anything i can do to get rid of that icky feeling?
updated by @andrea-schneider: 01/13/15 09:05:24PM
Ron2
@ron2
13 years ago
7 posts

You might have hard water - many of us do, you could try a residue free shampoo or bar soap.

Right now I'm using neutragena tgel, but theres many others to choose from.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i agree with ron. its probably your water. try adding a little shampoo to your bs mix. it will help remove the residue but you'll still get the benefit of deep cleansing from the bs.
Jdwood
@jdwood
13 years ago
275 posts
Hard water is a pain in the ass...try washing your hair with filtered rain water.
Nathan McQuade
@nathan-mcquade
13 years ago
6 posts

well i have the same problem, my hair is really dirty :D

Andrea Schneider
@andrea-schneider
13 years ago
51 posts
I've used ACV rinse a couple of times and it didn't help at all. I bought some Neutragena Anti-Residue shampoo and it works great even though i've seen bad reviews about it on here. However, it's the only clarifying-like shampoo i can' find in my area.
runawayjosh
@runawayjosh
13 years ago
32 posts
Did you try that shop near you? Natural Mystics....if they don't have anything in the shop you may want to ask if they could order something for you.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
do you have any health food stores (whole foods, henrys, sprouts) in your area? they have a great selection of natural and organic shampoos and most of the lines they carry offer a clarifying shampoo.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
btw, if hard water is the problem then you need to stay away from castile based soaps like dr. bronners. they'll leave you with a greasy, sticky mess.
Frank Booth
@frank-booth
13 years ago
21 posts
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form