Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Any suggestions for separating dreads?

Cracker
@cracker
15 years ago
15 posts
Ill let you know if they start dreading. Maybe washing my hair more often would help? I only wash about once a month. Im a woodworker so I end up with saw dust and things in my hair everyday.
updated by @cracker: 07/23/15 04:33:28AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
yea washing helpshair knots up the most right after washing Cracker said:
Ill let you know if they start dreading. Maybe washing my hair more often would help? I only wash about once a month. Im a woodworker so I end up with saw dust and things in my hair everyday.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I worked in a cabinet shop operating a 12 head moulder with my first set. I was really bad about taking care of them plus back then I started with wax. One day I was cutting blanks out of mahogony on the tablesaw when I hit a knot and the wood fired back at my face. I blocked it with my hand but then my two fingers ended up coming strait down on top of the 1/8inch blade. My fingers looked like serpent tongues and needed a couple of surgeries. While I was out I had a really hard time doing anything especially showering with the thing on my hand so my waxy dreads were disgusting. My wife ended up spending like 5 hours combing them out with all kinds of conditioning. When she got inside them there was SOOOO much sawdust it was insane. It was all getting moldy and reallly gross. I thought I was gettting most of the dust out with the compressor hoses but the wax held it in for keeps. Cracker said:
Cracker
@cracker
15 years ago
15 posts
Wow man, Im just waiting for the day I get myself on the table saw. I know what you mean about being a pain to shower. I've broken my arms 7 times. I had two broken arms at one point. Thanks for that info. I used wax to start mine. Not a lot, but now Im considering a wax removal. I bet I have sawdust stuck in there. Did this injury cause you to stop cabinet making?
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Yea it did. While I was out of work I decided to just study everyhting about everything. It actually led me to a whole new lifestyle and was the beginning of my raw vegan journey. I started eating nothing but raw organic fruits and veggies and stopped drinking smoking drugging, etc.That's also when I learned the didjeridu and completed my apprenticeship with a reiki master. I combined them both for sound healing and I really only practice reiki on animals, seeing as people have lots of weird stuff to deal with energetically.The next job I got was at a health food store and then I began the business I have now. Cracker said:
Wow man, Im just waiting for the day I get myself on the table saw. I know what you mean about being a pain to shower. I've broken my arms 7 times. I had two broken arms at one point. Thanks for that info. I used wax to start mine. Not a lot, but now Im considering a wax removal. I bet I have sawdust stuck in there. Did this injury cause you to stop cabinet making?

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form