Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How many days can you go without washing your dreads before they start to smell?

Michael4
@michael4
13 years ago
3 posts

Wash your beanie?

updated by @michael4: 07/10/15 09:04:44PM
Greebo
@greebo
13 years ago
2 posts

Well, I am very active. Icycle as much as possible (lowers the carbon footprint) and I am a very active climber. I can go for a moth or so between washes when I am lazy about washing, then I can sometimes smelly my dreads, its an acrid sweaty smell, and it really more the roots not thedreads. If i can smell them, I wash them.

In summer or when i'm very active I wash once a week, and then its fine, never any smell. Winter is my prob, I wash less often cos it a pain to dry and the workld is wet, so my dreads can get a bit damp. I also have my dreads in a tram alot of winter, this is when I find mine can get a bit smelly. A gain not really bad, I have a firend who likes the smell, draping my dreads over her face, she cut heres off a couple years ago =/

Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

I just washed my hair last night after not doing so for over three weeks. This time i did not add any locking gel or sproil (its fucking useless after 20 minutes) or sit under the dryer and its almost the same.

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Okay, here comes the probably unpopular opinion...I have been a hairdresser for 31 years, so what I think might be a bit different. I simply don't understand people who are dreaded or not failing to wash their hair atleast once a week! Especially those who live a "natural" lifestyle and eat healthy and avoid chemicals, etc. Whenever you are out in the enviroment, your hair picks up odors and pollutants. If you don't wash, you bring all that smog, and contamination back into your home and place you sleep!!!! Gross! It is normal to feel the need to wash every couple of days. You are NORMAL. Everyone who says they don't have dirty, smelly hair needes to take a finger and scratch their scalp and take a whiff...it stinks. As long as you aren't sleeping wet or putting it in a beenie wet don't worry...but keep washing....yes, your dreads will thank you! :) Oh, and wash that beenie too (mild soap, by hand and let air dry).

Greebo
@greebo
13 years ago
2 posts

Dam dirty Hippies why cant they just washoccasionally =p

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
lolyou guys!
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Love it! LOL

Greebo said:

Dam dirty Hippies why cant they just washoccasionally =p

Moon gloW
@moon-glow
13 years ago
11 posts

I know what you're talking about. Mine get smelly really fast out here in the Utah summer. I wash mine every two to three days. Mine aren't long enough that I can pull them down to smell them, but every once in a while I get a scent that wafts by or I will scratch my head and that stinks a little. Some people are just more oily than others - that's all there is too it. Just wash them!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form