Dreadlocks Forums

Tips For Optimum Dreading?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

um try 3-4 i guess and yea use the acv every time

Z said:

Right on. I'll give it a shot tonight or tomorrow. How many tablespoons of BS would you say? (in a 64 oz. container of water). Also, if I'm going to be washing twice a week, should I be doing the ACV rinse every time, too?

soaringeagle said:

yea thats kinda strong and a tablespoon added to that will be plenty sea salt

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/13/15 11:47:41AM
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
Z i would say three times a week minimum,if you want to experiment with my suggestion. A theory of mine is that washing more often helps reduce the natural oils in your hair which is part of what keeps hair tightening and locking in the first place..and the water combined with organic soap/shampoo just seems to help the process. Also, when i rinse with cool water i shake my head about some under the shower spigot.Seriously i had more progress in two weeks of doing this then i did in three weeks previous.
Z2
@z2
13 years ago
34 posts

Thanks for the replies. So far washing more frequently and with salt water has helped things quite a bit. I even got a moral reproving ramble from my grandfather last night who said "When are you going to the barber?...Your hair looks horrible...You don't want people to think you're a bum, do you?"...I think I'm onto something...

I need to get a wool sweater for my pillow now...that should help even more....

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
the knots that i have get tighter and loopier with every wash so i would say definitely washing more often would help a lot.
Z2
@z2
13 years ago
34 posts
I've heard the opposite, that progressively stretching out the time between washes causes your scalp to produce less oils...makes sense, because your hair is being stripped less and is being acclimated to not having to replenish those oils as often. that's why I had worked my way to once every week - two weeks.

Thundersquall said:
Z i would say three times a week minimum,if you want to experiment with my suggestion. A theory of mine is that washing more often helps reduce the natural oils in your hair which is part of what keeps hair tightening and locking in the first place..and the water combined with organic soap/shampoo just seems to help the process. Also, when i rinse with cool water i shake my head about some under the shower spigot.

Seriously i had more progress in two weeks of doing this then i did in three weeks previous.
Z2
@z2
13 years ago
34 posts

Thanks for the clarification.

Ziggy said:

Z, that is true if you are ditching shampoo. However, right now while you are starting to dread is a bad time to begin that process because the regular washing helps your hair tangle. If you want to go no-poo wait until you are all locked up, then move to training your scalp for infrequent cleansing.

Z said:
I've heard the opposite, that progressively stretching out the time between washes causes your scalp to produce less oils...makes sense, because your hair is being stripped less and is being acclimated to not having to replenish those oils as often. that's why I had worked my way to once every week - two weeks.

Thundersquall said:
Z i would say three times a week minimum,if you want to experiment with my suggestion. A theory of mine is that washing more often helps reduce the natural oils in your hair which is part of what keeps hair tightening and locking in the first place..and the water combined with organic soap/shampoo just seems to help the process. Also, when i rinse with cool water i shake my head about some under the shower spigot.

Seriously i had more progress in two weeks of doing this then i did in three weeks previous.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
washing less does reduce oilines but wash too lil and they dread slow

Z said:

Thundersquall said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form