Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

One Year DreadlocK Paranoia =D (been a while since i posted)

Pwntus
@pwntus
13 years ago
47 posts

well guys im approaching my one year mark. It was around february last year that i started my journey. Time flies. =D

That said, the more my dreads develop the more paranoid i get about them.

Recently i smelled one of my dreads and i guess it kind of smelled like grass

im using Dr. Bronners tea tree soap to wash my hair so i guess the grassy smell could be due to that. But it made me wonder,

if you have dread rot would it be really obvious? or is it something that might start out as a bad smell, and then grow into a horrible stench?

what are some tell tale signs that you might be experiencing dread rot?

people say dread rot smells "bad" but can you compare the smell to something? lol

updated by @pwntus: 01/13/15 08:54:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

when wet they smell like wet moldy dog

its mostlyt when theyre damp they smell like musty old moldy smell like a damp stinky basement

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Pwntus
@pwntus
13 years ago
47 posts

Thanks for the replies guys.

One reason ive been sort of paranoid is that i often take a shower after working which is always at night. When i go to sleep my dreads are never fully dry and when i wake up in the morning they are usually still moist. (my dreads on average are the thickness of someones index finger id say BTW)

How long is too long for your dreads to be drying?

Marnie
@marnie
13 years ago
1 posts
yes- going to bed with you dreads still even a bit wet can cause dreads to flatten. when i wash mine i always do it early in the day and check to make sure they still arent wet when i go to bed.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form