Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

LICE HELP!!!

Gene Thompson
@gene-thompson
13 years ago
29 posts
Kinda strange the timing that this was posted, I think I might have the same issue, except for I'm not sure for certain that it is lice. Flake like white specks on my hair, some lodged by the roots of my hair, I can even see some on the strands of my hair, like white on the follicles. I don't know, maybe I'm freaking myself out, I have been having a minor flaky scalp issue, havent been using any moisturizers so my hairs been kinda dry lately. Mama Harison, I'm sorry to hear about your issue, I hope I dont have the same, can anybody out there give me a more accurate description of what they look like on your hair so I can be more for certain if I indeed do have them?Give thanx.
updated by @gene-thompson: 07/09/15 10:02:16AM
Angelmoth
@angelmoth
13 years ago
10 posts

when i had lice a few yrs ago i saturated my hair with normal cooking oil fora few hours (with a shower cap on my head), then i washed my hair, allowed to dry and saturated it with white wine vinegar and kept it there for a few hours, then washed as normal.

the little bastards completely disappeared.

the oil suffocates them, the vinegar dissolves the substance that keeps the eggs attahed to the hair.

you may repeat this after a couple of weeks just to keep on the safe side.

hope this helps, good luck!

taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
Gene it probably isn't lice. Lice lay eggs (nits) on individual strands of hair. It secretes a fluid that actually glues it to the hair shaft. So any white things in your hair that you can flick off is just skin and definitely not lice. Also we shed hair that is trapped in the dread but is no longer attached to the scalp. The tip of the hair....the actual root... looks similar to a nit. So it makes it a little hard to distinguish between the two. But if it is at the very very tip of a shed hair it is just the root.
Gene Thompson
@gene-thompson
13 years ago
29 posts
Thanx for the advice taye, I'm hoping it isnt, probably not, I might be paranoid.
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
I hope it isn't either. I always put tea tree oil in my hair rinse. It is supposed to keep them away. but it is only a preventative. It won't kill them.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i'm so glad my kids are grown. just reading this makes my head itch:)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form