dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

kinked dreads at the roots...

Raul Stevens
@raul-stevens
13 years ago
10 posts

Hi all,

Ive had my dreads now for abit over 3 months and I am in love with all 52 of them. They are really starting to take shape but i need abit of advice to continue to make them look great. Some of my dreads on the back of my head are dreading a big kink at the roots.

Will this affect the straightness of my dreads when they get longer? Has anyone else had this problem? Should I be concerned? Or will they eventually sort themselves out? Any advice would be great..

updated by @raul-stevens: 01/13/15 08:53:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it weill but why do u want them straight and boring ? alsio how were they done and maintained a kink makes me think interlock wich makes me cringe in fear

do nit wworry anouty making them straight and smooth or u will screw em up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raul Stevens
@raul-stevens
13 years ago
10 posts

I wanted my dreads straight and boring.

My dreads were backcombed and i havent done any maintainance at the roots since ive had them. The only work ive done on my hair is just to keep the tips blunt and thats all.

So theres no way to making them continue to grow straight? kink free?

Dan B
@dan-b
13 years ago
58 posts
You could use the old crochet hook but wait till the dreads settle down first. Plus you might learn to like a little kink or two. Add a little character.

Raul Stevens said:

I wanted my dreads straight and boring.

My dreads were backcombed and i havent done any maintainance at the roots since ive had them. The only work ive done on my hair is just to keep the tips blunt and thats all.

So theres no way to making them continue to grow straight? kink free?

Jack Roth
@jack-roth
13 years ago
298 posts
nothing u can do bro, how long do u want dreads for if not long? and u want booring dreads use damaging methods :D cause they will destory ure dreads but if u want dreads for more than 3 years do nothing loads of mine are like that ar the roots they usually sort them sevles out i havnt touched my dreads for 8 months now chedk em out they are fine !!!!
Raul Stevens
@raul-stevens
13 years ago
10 posts
Thanks for the reply peoples...I want to keep my dreads for aslong as I can, so i guess i will just have to let the dreads do what they want :-)
Rockerbaby
@rockerbaby
13 years ago
27 posts
Just don't forget to separate the roots. Mine feel somewhat kinkier if they're trying to join together.

Raul Stevens said:
Thanks for the reply peoples...
I want to keep my dreads for aslong as I can, so i guess i will just have to let the dreads do what they want :-)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form