Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

An amazing shampoo combo that wrks for me

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts

So i preferred using organic bar soap for washing my hair, but was disappointed at the residue it left behind in my scalp. Searching for something natural at my local walmart, i stumbled across this. http://kissmyfacewebstore.com/detail/KMF+1101103 . You can get it from obviously from your local walmart, target, online etc.

I was impressed that it's first two ingredients were aloe and rosemary, as that is something you might normally see at the bottom of the list. Plus it is ph balanced and has other goodies about it. But i didnt stop there. I picked up a bottle of Africas Best Ultimate Herbal Oil, which had a number of excellent things in it as SE can tell you. I went home, combined a few squirts of the Africas Best with the shampoo and for the next three days i washed daily just to judge the effects on my hair. It has been amazing so far, the results speak for themselves.. So while i can't speak for how it would work for those with straighter hair, i can say that if you have thick african type hair you will not regret these two.

updated by @thundersquall: 01/13/15 08:53:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
awesome combo for african hair for sure

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
so would've i
@so-wouldve-i
13 years ago
71 posts
Thanks for posting about this!! I have been weary about washing my hair with the organic bar I was using because the vegetable waxy base definitely doesn't really wash out at least with the first wash-- you can feel the residue on your body that makes water bead up on your skin.. I don't really think my hair resembles African hair but it is definitely not straight, fine, or limp. All the reviews I've read sound amazing, I'm going to go look for this in a local store, hopefully I don't have to order it offline but from what you're saying I don't think I'll have to (:
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
Yea it is excellent and yet doesnt hinder my little babies from tightening, if anything it has actually accelerated them a bit. If you check out your local walmart sowouldve it may not be in the normal shamoo junk isle, instead look around the makeup/face stuff. I have read reports of it working well for your type of hair too so dont be afraid to give it a try. Good luck!
so would've i
@so-wouldve-i
13 years ago
71 posts
THANK YOU! I am excited to try this product and will repost here after I use it :P

Thundersquall said:
Yea it is excellent and yet doesnt hinder my little babies from tightening, if anything it has actually accelerated them a bit. If you check out your local walmart sowouldve it may not be in the normal shamoo junk isle, instead look around the makeup/face stuff. I have read reports of it working well for your type of hair too so dont be afraid to give it a try. Good luck!
Crystal2
@crystal2
13 years ago
24 posts
Hmmm, I think I might give this shampoo a try! I've been using BS and ACV for awhile now but I just cant seem to find the right mix and I can't seem to stop the dandruff and itch no matter what I do. Maybe it's time to try something new, thanks for the suggestion.
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts

Yes it is working out just fine. Like i said even washing every day just as a experiment my hair stillfeels right not that straw, dry feeling you can get. And progress has not been hindered either by washing every day, if anything it has increased in just one-two weeks of doing so. Not that i am saying to wash every day but as an experiment i can say it had no ill effects on my hair.

It would seem like it is overkill given all the good moisturizing organic stuff but it's just not somehow. Combining the two products means your scalp and hair get the very best of nourishment but it also includes some what protein to help build up the strength of your hair. Damn, i know i sound like a 'Billy Mays" infomercal guy but this right here is legit folks.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form