Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is there anything that will help my roots lock up?

jessica acosta
@jessica-acosta
14 years ago
37 posts
My right side and back are the worse. Some dreads have about 3 to 4 inches of root that haven't locked up yet. My dreads are a little over 2 months old. And it's kinda hard tell what loose hair goes to what roots. I don't really do much with them besides separating the roots when they congo. Should i still just leave them be or is there something i can do to help them lock up? I hear rubberbands are bad cuz they weaken the hairs and cause them to break. Thanks!
updated by @jessica-acosta: 01/13/15 08:51:08PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
leave em be theyre 2 months old in another 6 months that gap will shrink alot and be closer to an inchif u do sea salt sprays that helps if u sleep on a wool pillowcase or wear a wool tam that helpsbut mostly u just gotta give em time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jessica acosta
@jessica-acosta
14 years ago
37 posts
Great! Thank you! :)
soaringeagle said:
leave em be theyre 2 months old in another 6 months that gap will shrink alot and be closer to an inch

if u do sea salt sprays that helps if u sleep on a wool pillowcase or wear a wool tam that helps
but mostly u just gotta give em time
jessica acosta
@jessica-acosta
14 years ago
37 posts
Thanks! xD ima just let em do their thing
Knottysleeves said:
Yup, 2 months is way too early to be thinking about "fixing" anything. Just keep separating and they'll catch up eventually. Most of mine locked up at different rates too.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form