Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Do I not care enough?

Rae
@rae
14 years ago
74 posts
This might be a silly question/worry, but I read some of the posts of other members who seem to be about where I am in the dreading process and I think I'm doing to little.I'm a month and a half in (I back combed and NO WAX!) and I don't palm roll regularly, only once in a while when I feel a desire too, I rip apart the base of my dreads when they start to congo together, and I wash my hair one to two times a week. Otherwise I don't do anything...I know my hair is supposed to be frizzy and it's already starting to loop and stuff. I LOVE it!! It's amazing what my hair does all on it's own! But I'm a little worried some of my loose hairs won't eventually dread into a nearby lock or that my loose ends might be better off if I palm rolled them.I guess I am just looking for reassurance that I can just leave my hair alone and it'll all fix itself, because I see so many people on here doing a lot more maintenance that I am.Sorry if this is kinda long...
updated by @rae: 01/13/15 08:48:16PM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Seriously.Dreadlocks only need: 1. To be kept clean on a regular basis 2. (Optional) Pulled away from each other.
Dreaddy D
@dreaddy-d
14 years ago
25 posts
I personally think that you need to do what u feel will make you happy with your dreads. i mean i havent had mine for long at all and ive tried many times different ways, and ive found that rip and twist was the best way to start the process for me, now i just am leaving them alone keeping them clean and letting them do what they want everyonce and while i have to pull the congos apart. but if u feel u need to maitain them then do what u have to do. i would leave the bottoms loose cause if u round out the bottom of the dread they tend to hold more water than loose ends.hope this helps just wanted to give you my 2 cents..peace n love
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u shouldnt palm roll at alldreads diont need anything but washing and seperating..nothing else

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rae
@rae
14 years ago
74 posts
Oh wow! That was fast!Thanks you all! That's what I needed to hear. (-:
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form