Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Argh. I need help looking "work appropriate"

Kelly F
@kelly-f
14 years ago
4 posts
I'm an outdoor educator at a public school - and although the title of my job would make one think that a head full of matty dreads would be just kosher, it's not completely the case.I've had my dreads since June, and overall they look great. Dreading up nice and tight (started by backcombing by a former dread-head - although she waxed hers). I never waxed or anything and have been really good about letting them be since I found the wisdom here.Okay, to the issue - my dreads fall at about shoulder length and so the wild fuzzy ends are very obvious unless my locks are bunned up nice and tight - which is fine, except it is kind of slowing down my process of getting the ends to dread since they're tied up all day 5 days a week.

SOOO. . . any suggestions getting those tips to look nice and "maintained" with my hair down? (I rinse every day - its HOT here, and I'm outside - and wash every 4-5 days, salt water spray every 2 days or so, and aloe on special occasions - but I don't really notice it doing anything)Thanks in advance!
updated by @kelly-f: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
umm who the hell said blunt tips are the only acceptable work appropriate way?geez whar a lieu dont got to do noithing to the tips haha just tie them back dont be so self consouse has anyone dared to say u had to fix the tips? ofcourse not the tips are exactly as the tips should be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
I agree blunted tips would stick out more. I think it looks good in this picture, so a few more wide headbands or a rolled scarf as a headband is a good option. I know some people braid for work (french braid) and that sort of leaves some room for dreading if it's loosely braided. I personally love to take 2 sides of my dreads and put one over the other, then tuck the bottom dreads up and over. If that makes any sense. It looks just like an updo kind of like a sideways french twist but with dreads and no bobby pins.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea if u wet your dreads daily blunt tips would spell mold in a weeky a dread with loose tips that dries in 6 hours will take 38 when blunttheres no way u could avoid mold if u wet it daily

--
Kelly F
@kelly-f
14 years ago
4 posts
Lemme clarify . . . don't want blunted tips . . .didn't want to imply blunted tips. I'm just looking for a way of keeping them from fanning out like crazy paint brush puff balls at the ends. . . Is there a tip for getting them to stay together at the ends? They look so nice out of the shower, when they're still a bit damp and the loose ends are joined all nicely together in a pretty little point :)I've definitely read enough on here to know that blunt tips are not the way I'm looking to go.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ah give em a couple months but u could use lil aloe on the tips

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form