Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread issues after hair loss from childbirth???

Dayna
@dayna
14 years ago
7 posts
Hi guys. I'm preggers with my second, and getting a little nervous about what will happen to my dreads this time.I'm wondering if anyone had anything happen to their hair after giving birth?(Your hair stops falling out at the normal rate in pregnancy. Then when your hormones start going back to normal about 3 months after giving birth, all the hair you didn't lose in the previous months usually drops off like mad, and then some.)I had so much fall out at once that alot of my dreads were hanging on for dear life. By just a few hairs! I had a bald receding hair line. It was soooo dorky looking. Then, when the hair started growing back, I had short frizz all over my head, that stuck straight up. It looked even more ridiculous!After about a year of hoping the new growth would dread in, (it never did) I ended up going to a "loctitian" and having her chrochet the hair in. And fix the dreads that were hanging on for dear life.Once I did that, everthing has been fine. (for more than a year.)I really hope this doesn't happen again, but am wondering how others dealt with it??? (or if I'm the only one??)
updated by @dayna: 01/13/15 08:45:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its pretty common and i think most ppl just wait it out and it recoversactualy my best freind just gave birth yesterday and has very thick dreads so guess i can askumm if your worried let em congo?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
actualy ..just called she gave birth at 3 today so..was too wiped out to talk

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dayna
@dayna
14 years ago
7 posts
hahaha I would be pretty cranky if someone called to ask me a hair question when I just gave birth!! :)let em congo after ? is that what you mean? I did nothing with the regrowth last time, and it in return did nothing back! it just kept growing longer and straight and not dreading. or congoing. :(Waited about a year. Should I wait it out longer if it happens again?(I really like that term by the way.... it makes me picture my dreads partying.)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form