Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Icky Dandruff

Marlee Skye
@marlee-skye
14 years ago
50 posts
So within these summer months my scalp has gone crazy.. and its leaving my poor dreadies looking icky and dirty. I hate it. :( So..Whats a good wash or whatever something I can use to help assisnt getting rid of my dandruff. I also realized that my hair is breaking off at the root and so I have all these little hairs that are dreaded into my hair but the end is sticking out with the little skin dot at the top which makes my hair look even more dandruffy. I am darkening my dreads and hope this helps.. but I I want to know what I could do in the future to help keep this problemo in check.Peace/Love/Prosperity :) <3
updated by @marlee-skye: 01/13/15 08:43:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dandruffbaking soda teatree rosemaryfollow with acv teatree rosemary and cold cold cold rinsehair tags i see alot of that from backcombing just dont go palm rolling twisting rubbing anything that can pull out hairsother then that ignore em theyre really not noticable

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
orbit2332
@orbit2332
14 years ago
65 posts
doing the baking soda wash, and then doing an acv rinse has absolutely cured all mine and my friends dandruff. just make sure u wash with the baking soda first, dont mix the acv with the baking soda, rise with acv after u wash it. it works wonders. thats all i washed with for almost a year super clean hair and healthy scalp. good luck
Marlee Skye
@marlee-skye
14 years ago
50 posts
there horribly noticeable at my roots :(
Marlee Skye
@marlee-skye
14 years ago
50 posts
Thanks Guys :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
did u backcomb or root rub or well i guess even t&r can cause it if u pull too hard Marlee Skye said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I've found that for as many of them as I tend to see in my naturally almost black hair, most people can't see them. It's just me being obsessive. I never did anything damaging to my dreads (save for the dying) and they still showed up.... but seriously, I'm sure if you just stand back from the mirror, you won't notice them at all.I have to agree with everyone else as well, baking soda and acv work wonders. I always use a tablespoon per cup of water for my measurements, wash with the baking soda and water first (it won't foam or anything, but the cleanliness you get from it is unreal. just pour it on in sections and take your fingers and lightly scrub as if it were actually shampoo)make sure to rinse it out with water first, then in a different cup mix the apple cider vinegar the same way (white vinegar works too if you don't have acv, but I find the acv works best) give your scalp another little message and rinse the acv out with the coldest water you can stand. It will help some with the frizziness, as it helps the hair follicles to lay back down after that intensive baking soda wash, and it'll balance out the ph of your scalp so the itchies will start going away. When using this though, be prepared to stick it out for as long as six weeks so that your scalp has time to adjust to the new wash routine. It might rebel at first, but it's totally worth it in the long run. Marlee Skye said:
Marlee Skye
@marlee-skye
14 years ago
50 posts
i dont mess with the roots. My hair was backcombed though.. I did palm roll.. But I dont anymore..
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Peppermint oil is the only thing that works for my yucky dandruff, I don't have it any more since using it. I put it in my backing soda wash. The menthol is a remedy for it.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form