Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Please save my dread!!

Il Kwon Kim
@il-kwon-kim
14 years ago
11 posts

As you guys see the pics.. the one i'm grabbing it is about to fall off..isn't there any way i could save this?!i don't want to lose this..it has been with me more than 1 year..
updated by @il-kwon-kim: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what have u done to them? crochet? felting? interlocking/? those are the usual causes of dreads breaking (altho ive broken alot at ground level from being stepped on and those were with me 20 yreasrs if a dreads gonnsa break iy will break but u will still have a dread left)as far as fixing it goes 1st stop evereyything u been doing ..your causing it to break theres no reason a dread should ever break that short or soonso once u stop (i assume crochet?) then kinda fold the weak spot over so the 2 thicker spots are touching then wrap with hemp or embroidery threadthats about the best i can come up with it should fuse over a few monthsso what all did u do to your dreads that might have caused this?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok so i went back and remembered interlockingwell u can try what i suggested and hopeand be sure to keep warning ppl not to interlock

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
You are telling me this happened cz you interlocked??Man I have heard about the "horrors" but this is the first time Im seeing it...its scary cz ur dreads arent even that long and personally..my dreads got fatter over time..never seen this kinda skinny-in-the-middle dread...M sorry dude for this situation..hope you learn from this and dont do it again...
Il Kwon Kim
@il-kwon-kim
14 years ago
11 posts
I don't know how to sew..also it's hard to wrap with threads.. T.TSo what i'm trying to do is, wrap it with cooking foil and then put bead on it.do you guys think this might help?
bill
@bill
14 years ago
30 posts
nah man, you could try cutting the dread off where it's thicker, then get the choped off dread chop off the thin stuff, losen some of the hair on the ends of the dreads then, i dono really you could just go mad with a needle n some black thread, you dont need to know how to sew just tie a know in the line then go from there,out a beed round it for extra measure, could crochet it too Il Kwon Kim said:
I don't know how to sew..

also it's hard to wrap with threads.. T.T

So what i'm trying to do is, wrap it with cooking foil and then put bead on it.

do you guys think this might help?
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Cut if off, man. Let go of the past and the interlocking that has been done.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Let it go and stop doing whatever it is you did to them so they can be healthy happy dreadies :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form