Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baking Soda??

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Ok so i use baking soda every time i wash my hair, I love it and recommend it! I usually buy the kind used for baking but this time i accidentally bought the kind for deodorizing.It's all the same ingredient sodium bicarb but this one says not to use it for baking because it's granulated differently? I'm guessing it's not as fine and dissolve able as the other kind?I'm just wondering if anyone else has used this kind on their hair and if it worked or was hard to remove? It's the arm & Hammer in the box that you can peel back the side and stick in yer fridge. I'll probably just try a bit of it and see what happens just thought i'd throw it out there! Any advice is much appreciated Many Thanks!!

updated by @naturalwomyn: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
pretrty sure its just different packaging and i think they mean dont bake with it after its absorbed alotta stinky odorsbut not sure

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
ok im gonna give it a whirl it does say on the package "while fridge and freezer contains pure arm & hammer baking soda we do not recommend it for baking as the granulation is designed specifically for deodorizing. After use pour down the drain to freshen." so common sense i guess, as long as it dissolves in the pitcher with water it should be fine. I'll let ya know! Much Love
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
nope def. not confusing it with baking powder, i know the diff. I use baking soda to wash my locks every couple days, just bought a different package this time. Different granulation. Baking SODA is also used for baking. helps dough rise and whatnot. I don't think arm & hammer even makes baking powder. Knottysleeves said:
Bicarb is bicarb. Maybe you're getting it confused with baking powder , which is the stuff used for baking?
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
worked fine, dissolved no problemo! It did seem a tad less finely powdered but it didn't matter. Thanks Guys! <3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form