Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

No more haircuts?!

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Ok, so here is a question that may prove to be stupid but I haven't heard anyone else ask it...so I'm gonna. Do I just never get haircuts again if I have dreads? My concern is in the fact that I don't want my hair past the middle of my back or so. I see lots of people with VERY long dreads and I think they are beautiful, but for my life I prefer something alittle shorter. I had very long hair when I was younger and it was too much for me. So, how did I keep my hair from getting too long? Thank you everyone. Your wisdom still amazes me!
updated by @panterra-caraway: 01/13/15 08:39:42PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Sure you could do that, but mine are not that long yet to even consider that, right now I don't see myself ever doing that. I envision it like cutting my fingers :S
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
when u were younger u had undreaded hair which when long requires so much work to keep it from dreadingwhen its dreaded and long u wont need to be working on it all the time so u wont mind it long except.. it can be hot or heavyyour hair might reach a length it just decides to stop at the ends might fa;ll off at your terminal length or growth might slow alotbut ok say you actualy do reach a length you decide you dont want to go beyond u can trim them..i dont recomend it but u can. it depends on your belief and connection to your dreadsmany believe they should only be cut as a mourning or a seperation from the past or to signify a huge life change

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I am in between on the trimming of dreads. I can't possibly see myself having dreads that hold me back from doing anything physical...while at the same time I can't see myself ever cutting my hair again. So as of now I don't know what I'll do. I definitely won't let my hair hold me back but at the same time I'm not gonna be able to cut. Guess we'll see how it goes when I get to that fork in the road. I'm hoping that my hair will stop growing around waist length though. =)
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Thank you for all the input...another thing I never mentioned in my original post is that I also worry that if the hair becomes very long and heavy I will get migraines (which I am prone to). I think I will try to do as GG suggests and wait until that fork in the road to decide. You are right SE about all the untangling work of my long hair before, that won't be an issue this time. I think what I have learned so far is what I may need to keep in mind for the future too...my lesson is: STAY IN THE MOMENT. Blessings.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Live in the present, ponder the future, and learn from the past. That's all one can do. :P I have ideas for what to do in the future if my dreadlocks become a problem. But honestly, that will probably be in ten years. I'll be THIRTY...lol, so no need to worry about it now. But in case you're wondering I may trim or go with a dreadhawk or cut em all off but keep one and then grow the rest back in. Who knows? Maybe, they'll grow past my feet...those are just some ideas. But if I ever go bald I'm so growing a dreadbeard, no matter what. :P That's Gods gift to the bald man. Facial hair! =D
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form