Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wrapping yarn around baby dreads that are insanely loose?

brosefstalin
@brosefstalin
5 years ago
7 posts

What are your thoughts on wrapping loose yarn around a baby dread that is severely coming loose? I've heard that this may be a normal process for some baby dreads to come loose, but this one is kinda scaring me! Should I just leave it for it to dread in time? I heard somewhere that if you wrap loose yarn around the ends of baby dreads it can help it stay together. What are your thoughts?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

its totaly fine as is the looser the better .even if it fallsart.. the looser ones wll dread fastest.

never use yarn unless your goal is extra llint.. embroidery thread or hemp..not yarn..but wouldnt wrap that anyway just leave it be and watch what it does

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MegN
@megn
5 years ago
19 posts
My experience with wrapping those tiny dreads is that they tend to bubble out of the open spots in the wrap. Then those bubble loops tangle. And then ur stuck cutting tiny bits of yarn or whatever string out of em. So I wouldn’t wrap it. Just really slows it down. It’s getting loose now but will either knot up really snug later or migrate into another dread for a new home. But yea. Wrapping super thin ones didn’t work for me.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form