Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Scared of freeform/natural/neglect dreadlocks unknotting while washing

AquaGuy
@aquaguy
6 years ago
62 posts

I am freeforoming my dreadlocks and am scared of running my fingers through my hair in case it unknots any knots LOL, so have started using a spray bottle, spraying it on my hair so that it goes straight through to my scalp, leave it on for 2-3 minutes and then rinse thoroughly.

Will this work well enough? I use head and shoulders currently as it’s the only shampoo in the house and no one else uses it but me, and I don’t  want to just throw it away. I know it’s a bit moisturising but I have added salt to it to help with that. However, I’ve been told my hair looks very greasy and it has become very itchy since I started freeforming (1.5 months ago).

Will running my fingers over my scalp while washing be too much, or should it be alright just doing it as little as possible? 

Thanks. Peace.

--
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Choose love over hate.

World peace is possible, give peace a chance.
Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
I am not freeforming, and I am not an expert. I would think you should be able to scrub your scalp. Scalp health is super important, and you can't really get it clean without giving it a good scrub. You don't have to run your fingers through your hair, just use your fingertips to massage your scalp.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

yea just wash the scalp good get your fingers in there  but not run through hair

i couldn't more strongly recommend a shampoo change h&s and really all dandruff shampoos are pretty toxic  i think 8 out of 10 most toxic shampoos (for everyday use not counting clarifying) are dadruff shampoos t gel at top of list..

wash with cold water i would recommend www.dreadlockshampo.com liquid till mature (unless African textured hair then use bars from day 1) once ature use the bars either way

get some soap on your scalp (good and wet dreads/hair) work your fingers into the scalp get it good and clean rinse through hair then shake out gently.

the most unraveling would happen if you towel dried

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts

washing is very important and will help your hair progress a lot. Don't be too gentle about scrubbing your scalp with the finger tips, it feels great and helps to also loosen dead skin. Rinsing after it with cold water is very good too and your hair gets less oily. Use a good dread shampoo, scrub your scalp and rinse out everything well with cold water, that's the trick!

updated by @dread-stpauli: 06/17/18 04:22:19AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form