Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com
Dreadlocks Forums

Effects Of Water Rinsing

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
2 months ago
311 posts

I have a question, for a long while now, I have been feeling like I may want to transition to shampooing only once a week, and rinsing my hair with just water another day (only done during the warmer months that is) - but I keep wondering if this would actually be helpful to my dreads, such as allowing my natural sebum to travel from my scalp into and down my dreads or if it would not really do anything beneficial for them at all, ie just do nothing but get my hair wet? 

updated by @ravens-light: 02/07/17 10:28:52PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 months ago
27,672 posts

washings more effective but you can do that if you want.. good way to cool down in summer

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
3 weeks ago
311 posts

I used just water on my hair today (only because it had been 3 days since my last wash) I wanted to do something to combat the itchiness I felt. Oddly enough it worked quite well to fix the itch, I even used a cold water rinse to close the hair follicles...but I felt like a heavy or odd feeling on my roots, I have been using the tea tree tingle shampoo from Trader Joe's for a while, and I am wondering if that feeling I felt was the leftover bits of the shampoo (although I am very careful to wash it all out), if there is any, as for some reason my eyes really stuck a bit as the water ran off my hair, which in spite of the  ingredient listed in the shampoo claiming to irritate the eyes, this doesn't happen often (which is sort of why I am wondering if I can stick with this liquid soap, since it would be a much simpler means to wash my hair.)

I guess the question I am left with from this is, was it the warm water I first used or just the act of getting the oil off my scalp that helped the itch? I am attaching a picture of my now dry dreads as further documentation of how my parting is probably fixed :D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 weeks ago
27,672 posts

hard to say since the itch might return tomorrow and just wetting it was just temporary relief

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form