Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Moving up from tams! This is what crochet is REALLY about.

Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Again, this one will be another all time favorite once it's finished! I'm in love with the randomness of Red Heart's Peruvian Print, and that dark brown is a staple in all of my household decor...so I threw the two together, and have been really please with what's happening! PP and Coffee Ripple Like I said, this one is done with Red Heart's Peruvian Print and Coffee. This is also done a bit differently than the other two ripple afghans; this one follows a pattern similar to the one my grandmother used to use... instead of combining three stitches to form a valley, you skip two stitches to form a little hole! This time each color block only contains 3 rows of double crochet stitches with a size I/9 hook.
updated by @faelwynn: 07/22/15 11:32:29AM
Sissemor
@sissemor
14 years ago
54 posts
They're all simply BEAUTIFUL <3 I've never done any ripple crochet but I feel very inspired now :-) Do you think it could also work for small projects, like a headband?I am partial to rainbows, but they're all just fabulous :-)
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
It could! The pattern is incredibly simple (mind-numbingly so actually!) and I can link the place that I got the pattern for the first two... http://www.handcraftingwithlove.net/yarn/pat-ripple.html really easy once you figure it out! I used to get hung up on the fact that when beginning a new row (rows 2+) you start with 7 dc, then 3dc in next dc, then back to 6dc... you'll understand when looking at the pattern. Before I got the hang of it, it was always lop-sided... like it kept growing too much or something! Now that I've figured it out, I've been rippling like mad!
Emmy G
@emmy-g
14 years ago
16 posts
Faelwynn,did you know that you can crochet with something other than yarn? Not use-able for tams, but you can make "plastic yarn" using old (non-biodegradable) shopping bags. You lay bag flat, fold in half once, twice, maybe thrice so you have handles sticking out on top. You cut off the handles and the fused seam. Then cut into strips about 1 inch or so wide. When you unfold the strips, you have loops. You can link the loops together and viola! Knitted squares of this stuff can actually make great pot scrubbers.
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
i love the ripple technique! any way you can post a pattern? i would love to make a blanket like this to put over the back of my couch. so cool!

Faelwynn said:
Next is a ripple afghan I started because I had soo much colored yarn left over from the granny square project! It's a rainbow ripple (or zig-zag) afghan!

Rainbow Ripple

This is probably the piece I've worked the most on, but only because I have soo much of the color left.. and because it was the piece that I took with me to a friend's house when my apartment was being bombed for crunchies (friendly name for cockroaches). Each color block contains 6 rows of double crochet stitches with an I/9 hook.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
beat you to it! It's posted in the first post at the top of the page!

Heather said:
i love the ripple technique! any way you can post a pattern? i would love to make a blanket like this to put over the back of my couch. so cool!

Faelwynn said:
Next is a ripple afghan I started because I had soo much colored yarn left over from the granny square project! It's a rainbow ripple (or zig-zag) afghan!

Rainbow Ripple

This is probably the piece I've worked the most on, but only because I have soo much of the color left.. and because it was the piece that I took with me to a friend's house when my apartment was being bombed for crunchies (friendly name for cockroaches). Each color block contains 6 rows of double crochet stitches with an I/9 hook.
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
oh, duh. i didn't see that. thanks, faelwynn!

Faelwynn said:
beat you to it! It's posted in the first post at the top of the page!

Heather said:

Faelwynn said:

Rainbow Ripple

Sissemor
@sissemor
14 years ago
54 posts
Thank you :-) I will try it out as soon as I have completed my current project (fair isle socks, not mind-numbingly simple, so I'll look forward to relaxing with this ;-).So in the last one, you skipped two sts instead of a 3 st dec?

Faelwynn said:
It could! The pattern is incredibly simple (mind-numbingly so actually!) and I can link the place that I got the pattern for the first two...

http://www.handcraftingwithlove.net/yarn/pat-ripple.html

really easy once you figure it out! I used to get hung up on the fact that when beginning a new row (rows 2+) you start with 7 dc, then 3dc in next dc, then back to 6dc... you'll understand when looking at the pattern. Before I got the hang of it, it was always lop-sided... like it kept growing too much or something! Now that I've figured it out, I've been rippling like mad!

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form