Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Moving up from tams! This is what crochet is REALLY about.

dreadlockedlady
@dreadlockedlady
14 years ago
39 posts
Wow Sissemor...that is sooo pretty; the pattern and the colors you used.I really want to make that, please try posting the pattern again or message me...please!

Sissemor said:
Faelwynn, your GSB is lovely :-) Have you tried making headbands out of granny squares? Looks great, I think, you can see one of mine

here :-) I also just did a tam with brim for my friend made out of granny squares - you can see the original pattern here , I just made the edge under the squares longer, as she has really long dreads.

updated by @dreadlockedlady: 07/23/15 07:37:07AM
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
i love this! great idea. i've yet to make a granny square but i'm sure i will in the future and this kind of thing would be the perfect first project:)

dreadlockedlady said:
Wow Sissemor...that is sooo pretty; the pattern and the colors you used.
I really want to make that, please try posting the pattern again or message me...please!

Sissemor said:
Faelwynn, your GSB is lovely :-) Have you tried making headbands out of granny squares? Looks great, I think, you can see one of mine

here :-) I also just did a tam with brim for my friend made out of granny squares - you can see the original pattern here , I just made the edge under the squares longer, as she has really long dreads.
Earth Child
@earth-child
14 years ago
35 posts
oh i just love it, made me get the spark to want to pick it up. thank you for sharing i just love it. its beautiful
kris
@kris
14 years ago
39 posts
Love the blanket and the headband :)
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I really need to update this! The blanket has been finished, slept under, and survived it's first wash! I'm curious, how did you get such a flat join?! I have a blog post where I did in fact make a dread band out of granny squares, but the joins just didn't make me happy at all! I could try it with the same method used in the blanket, but it doesn't really allow me to include fancy flowers and things in the middle of the square as you've shown.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I'll also have to post my ripple afghans! I've got three started, and I just pick them up as I feel like it!
Sissemor
@sissemor
14 years ago
54 posts
I'm glad you like it, thanks :-)I'll look forward to your update, Faelwynn! Did you post pictures of the granny square dread band here?And sorry, I don't normally plaster massive pictures of myself all over other people's forum threads :-( I didn't know the link would just slurp the photo from my website, and the edit post thing is/was apparently not working...I'll start a thread on the headband with pattern ideas and info on how I joined the squares asap :-)
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I did post a few pictures of it... it's in my blog on my page. I believe I took it apart for another project though, as it was sloppy at best, and can't seem to find it around anywhere...And now, time for update!! I'm going to post one project per relpy so that it's not quite so massive. First, the finished Rainbow Granny Square Afghan!! Rainbow Granny Square Well over 100 squares, I finished it off with a row of black stitches. I thought about adding one more row of rainbow print, and then another row of black, but I think the one row of black is good enough. Don't want to over complicate things!
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Next is a ripple afghan I started because I had soo much colored yarn left over from the granny square project! It's a rainbow ripple (or zig-zag) afghan! Rainbow Ripple This is probably the piece I've worked the most on, but only because I have soo much of the color left.. and because it was the piece that I took with me to a friend's house when my apartment was being bombed for crunchies (friendly name for cockroaches). Each color block contains 6 rows of double crochet stitches with an I/9 hook.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
This one is by far one of my favorites. I started out using this color print when making a new tam, but quickly fell in love and HAD to make a blanket out of it. It's going to be a bit more expensive, and it only comes in 3.5oz skeins, as opposed to the usual 5oz skeins, but it's completely worth it. I love the way this print works up! Breezy Ripple Again, not much work has happened with this one, as the skeins are so small, and about a dollar more expensive than normal prints.... but I'm just too enthralled with these colors to give up! I just keep collecting one skein at a time, and working it in, whenever I have the extra money. Only one print, done in double crochets (same length as the rainbow ripple) with an I/9 hook.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form