Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Turning a wine cork into a bead

meg ☮
@meg
13 years ago
92 posts

Great idea! I've been getting into beading lately, so maybe a reamer will be even more helpful one day :) I'll take a look next time I'm around a craft store!

I like the idea too :)

updated by @meg: 07/23/15 06:48:59PM
Storm
@storm
13 years ago
36 posts
I like this idea. I've thought of trying to make pendants out of corks but they always turned out bulky and not working for me. I might try this when I get home and try using a clear varnish that I have that's used for clay see if that works. I would suggest either just pouring it down the whole to just coat the inside or it might be better to dip the whole thing in a clear coat sealant of some kind in order to avoid water retention like someone mentioned earlier...
meg ☮
@meg
13 years ago
92 posts
How did you try to make a pendant out of the cork? A friend's mother made me a "butterbeer" necklace out of a cork for the fifth Harry Potter movie premiere, and she just wrapped wire around it and attached it to a ribbon.

Storm said:
I like this idea. I've thought of trying to make pendants out of corks but they always turned out bulky and not working for me. I might try this when I get home and try using a clear varnish that I have that's used for clay see if that works. I would suggest either just pouring it down the whole to just coat the inside or it might be better to dip the whole thing in a clear coat sealant of some kind in order to avoid water retention like someone mentioned earlier...
gcuezy
@gcuezy
13 years ago
21 posts
Yeah this is one of the cooler bead ideas I've seen... I would think of maybe using a dremel. There are so many attachments you can get I'm sure it probably comes with one that smooths out wood/plastic that would work great on the inside of the cork.
kye
@kye
13 years ago
14 posts

heat might smooth it out like a hot piece of metal. Like often burnt wood is smooth when it is just braisened. with heat.

other then that i cant really think of a way to smooth out a drilled hole. maybe when you drill it; leave the drill spinning while the cork is still... this friction will make heat and maybe like hot smooth the hole.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form