Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crochet method-listen to the breakage

Kinky_Dreads
@kinky-dreads
6 years ago
1 posts

Hey everyone, I crocheted my dreads in ASMR so you all can hear the breakage that is happening within my dreads, you can hear the sound of my hairs snapping and breaking, you can almost hear my dreads screaming 'no, stop!' If you use crochet method as a form of maintenance or you're thinking about using that method please watch this!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

that sound makes me cringe people always say "if it broke hairs you would hear it"  you can't be quiet enough to hear anything less then  a few dozen hairs breaking all at the same time, a single hair, even 5 or 10 breaking are silent unless you greatly magnify the sound.

this was well done, people never use 'active listening" like in the city theres a hum thats non stop, you can isolate the sound of a single motorcycle and track its movement  for miles and miles if you listen with intention to actualy hear.

theres so much noise in our lives that goes unnoticed  because the brain filters it out as irelevant.

in the city gunshots a block or 2 away don't register, but in the woods a beetle crawling over a dry leaf that shifts may make you freeze wndering what might be out there ready to pounce.

this is heightened when its dark, and alone. your brain seeks out sounds it normaly ignores  to warn you of possible dangers.

it takes great effort.. willpower, and willingness to hear a handful of snapping hairs.

those who don't accept the damage don't want to hear the ripping  so their brain just filters it out as background noise.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
LunaKat13
@lunakat13
6 years ago
54 posts

Kinky_Dreads:

Hey everyone, I crocheted my dreads in ASMR so you all can hear the breakage that is happening within my dreads, you can hear the sound of my hairs snapping and breaking, you can almost hear my dreads screaming 'no, stop!' If you use crochet method as a form of maintenance or you're thinking about using that method please watch this!

Oh man this definitely made me cringe. Thank you for sharing. It was important because there are so many how to videos showing crochet as if it were the be all end all of how to get instant gratification which I think we all know is just not the way when it comes to dreads. 

Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

I thought the idea was brilliant, and the self-sacrifice amazing, but as soon as the crochet started I switched off. Just couldn`t stand it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

yea i managed to listen  to exactly 2 times through the dread then had to stop it was painful to hear that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form