Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Churches agains't Gay's

James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

I know this post is a year old but I wanted to put my opinion out there. I think these protestors have read things wrong, if they've read it at all.

1.Jesus never mentions it, so it must not be that great of a sin.

2.In the old testiment when God talks about it I believe he is taking about people that are heterosexual, for them it may be a sin, but I don't think it sin for someone who is born homosexual. Most of the people against gay'shave probably neverthought about that.

Alot of people pick and choose between the old and new to fit their likings, they judge gay's because of things in the old testiment, but say that the laws of moses no longer apply because of Jesus. Whatever fit's them. That being said, they are not practicing what they should be, they are being judgmental hypocrits, and should not call themselves Christians.

updated by @james-turk: 07/18/15 02:28:37PM
Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
12 years ago
87 posts

<------------Gay Against Churches.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

<--------Just against churches.

The majority of christians don't practice what they preach. My girlfriends grandmother and extended family are the only catholics I have ever met who I'd say are good christians. They follow thedoctrine of being like Jesus. For them it's not about the religion, it's about being good people. I've known them for 5 years and have not once, even at a holiday dinner, heard mention of god or jesus or religion.

That's what it's all about.

Some people just think they need to meddle in everyone elses lives. Someone being gay does not effect their lives. But they think everything effects them. Hell, they should be happy people are gay. If gays can't get into heaven, then there's more room for other bigots like them

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

in india cross dressers are believed to have mythical powers

in native american tribes they have the hayuka which is a sacred clown often a cross dresser

many indiginouse cultures as well concider cros dressers or those who live oposite of the norm top be sacred and respected

christianity is a conqureing religion it took over by force all pagan or indiginouse rtaditions w4re eiother vilified, or adapted like all christian holidays are actualy pagan holodays adapted many of the things concidered sacred became sins

Britany said:

true Christiansdon't love or accept unless your just as brainwashed as they are, they lack respect and character.

Genesis

1. "And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him."
    What did Ham do? Did he just look at his naked father or was there something more to it than that? Some commentators have suggested that Ham committed homosexual rape on his drunken father, and that this was why Ham's descendants were eternally punished with slavery. 9:24
  2. This verse doesn't say what the Sodomites did to make them such exceedingly great sinners, though most bible believers equate "Sodomite" with homosexual. (But see Ezekiel 16:49 , which claims the sins of Sodom were pride, gluttony, sloth, greed, and failure to help the poor.) 13:13
  3. The two angels that visit Lot wash their feet, eat, and are sexually irresistible to Sodomites. 19:1-5
  4. God kills everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah. 19:4-5 , 24-25
  5. What did Sarah see? 21:9

Leviticus

6. Homosexual acts are an abomination to God. 18:22
  7. If a man has sex with another man, kill them both. 20:13

Deuteronomy

8. "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God." 22:5
  9. God says not be bring any whore, sodomite, or dog into the house of the Lord. For "these things are an abomination to the Lord." Sodomites and dogs are biblical names for homosexuals. 23:17-18

1 Samuel

10. Saul is angered by his son's homosexual affair with David and says, "do not I know that thou has chosen the son of Jesse to thine own confusion of thy mother's nakedness?" 20:30
  11. Saul sets an example for Christian parents that discover that they have a homosexual child: try to kill the child and his or her lover. 20:31-33

1 Kings

12. "There were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations...."
    God shows his homophobia by calling gay people "sodomites" and their sexual relations "abominations." 14:24
  13. Asa "did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD" by expelling homosexuals (or "sodomites", as the good book calls them). 15:12
  14. Jehoshaphat "did that which was right in the eyes of the Lord" and "took" the homosexuals (sodomites) "out of the land," or as the RSV says, "he exterminated" them. 22:43, 46

2 Kings

15. Josiah, with God's approval, broke down the houses of the sodomites. 23:7

Isaiah

16. "They declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul!"
    The biblical god just doesn't seem to care much for homosexuals. And he gets especially upset when "they hide it not." 3:9

Daniel

17. "Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all."
    Some Christians think this refers to the antichrist. (He'll be an atheist homosexual.) 11:37

Luke

18. Increase your chance of being raptured: Pray to be gay! 17:34-35

Romans

19. With his usual intolerance, Paul condemns homosexuals (including lesbians). This is the only clear reference to lesbians in the Bible. 1:26-28
  20. Homosexuals (those "without natural affection") and their supporters (those "that have pleasure in them") are "worthy of death." 1:31-32

1 Corinthians

21. Paul lists ten things that will keep you out of heaven, including homosexuality and being "effeminate." 6:9-10

1 Timothy

22. Homosexuals (those "that defile themselves with mankind") are included on the list of lawless, disobedient, unholy, and profane people. 1:10

2 Timothy

23. Iin the last days people will become evil, "without natural affection." Fundamentalist say that this refers to homosexuals. 3:3

Jude

24. God sent "eternal fire" on the people of Sodom and Gomorrah for "going after strange flesh." 7-8

Revelation

25. "Dogs [homosexuals?], sorcerers, whoremongers, idolaters" and along with anyone who ever told a lie will not enter the heavenly city. 22:15

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Eagle, not all native Americans were so accepting, but there were some tribes that revered homosexuals with a higher standard, and even believed thathermaphrodites were the holiest of holies. They were thought to be the closest thing to perfect as you could get

CiArA
@ciara
12 years ago
25 posts

ok so this thing is over a yr old, but im going to reply anyway. i am a christian, and at our church we dont sing songs and pick a single little verse and tell stories about it to fill up time at church so we can go home and feel good about ourselves that well, hey...we checked the block this week, were good!. no way. and frankly all these "christian" groups protesting at peoples funerals and other tragic events (the above stated, as well as the town of joplin and that particular group weve all heard of just being a menace to society if u ask me...) they get so much publicity and its so sad because these are the people telling the world what christianity is all about, and they are so distorted and WRONG, and anger those of us who actually try to spread the REAL word, as well as Gods love. these radical groups have such misperceptions themselves, that they are doing nothing to help the church, just turning more people away from it. that being said, Jesus died for our sins, we are all sinners, those people holding those signs are guilty of their own sins, and its written judge not lest ye be judged, by whatever mete you measure, ye will be measured the same. we are all in a constant battle of repentance (we are called to repent, you dont just pray a prayer that your a sinner and want to accept jesus and be saved, and then go on living your life the same way as before. when you become saved, ppl should be able to recognize a change in you/ your life, but that change should not be one of a transformation to a crazy person picketing at someones funeral) i do beleive that homosexuality is the abomination of man, as it is written, thats why God created male and female, we have tthe anatomy to reproduce (procreate), and if you beleive in evolution over Creation, maybe thats why theres so much "confusion" about this. the bible calls homosexuality the abomination of man, because well, 2 males cannot reproduce, and neither can 2 females. aside from having surrogate mothers (not intended by creation, and im not talking about a male and female couple who have trouble in this area and seek out surrogates, thats a whole different topic than this), so therefore gay couple and lesbian couples, if we were all 100% gay, guess what??? this generation ends very very soon. thats a fact. no reproduction=no people. now, THAT being said, lies, killing, stealing, adultery, all these are sins as well as homosexuality, and ALL these things must be repented of. if i come to Christ and i kill people and lie all the time, im not to pray a prayer and everythings ok. im supposed to stop kiling people and lying, turn and repent. same goes for homosexuality, and i say this not because i hate gay people because i do not, but its an issue that an individual has to work on themselves. but telling these people they are not welcome in a church is absurd. bottom line, if the bible says its wrong, and you believe the bible and practice that religion, then thats what you go with, but you do not proceed with hatred. and i know i may offend people by posting and i really dont want to, but i am not a brainwashed Christian, and neither do i pick and choose from the bible what i like and what i dont, what i want to be for and what i want to be against, practice this but not that...if you really want to dive in, you have to take it for what it is and not beleive this buit not that. just like beastiality is a sin, there are people out there with fetishes about it that just love it. now its far more extreme than homosexuality, but the bible says lest ye turn and repent, ye are not saved. in my personal life, ive got my own issues that i try very hard every single day to change. life will always give you challenges, no matter what they may be, and we are to put to the test to come through those challenges having made the right choice. just becuase you go to church, you will NOT always make the right choice. but guess what?? you will most certainly be dealt another challenge with another opportunity to do the right thing, whatever type of challenge that may be.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

believe evolution over creation? nothing to believe evolution is a pro0vern fact creation a hokus pokus fantasy a harry potter novel

hw can you not believe in evolution when it is clear as day

in fact fruite flies evolve very quickly and you can see evolution in action

christ5ianity is all judgement you are a sinner is judgement

homosexua;ity is an abonimation is judgement

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

can you change your genetics?

homosexuallity isnt a choice its genetic

\so is religios belief

you only believe in religion be4cause a certain part of your brain is over active

thts proven its called the god module

it activates when u think about god...any god not just the zombie varriety the blue dude with 8 arms too

so religios belief can be though ofd as a mental disorder

and in fact many mental disorders hve a religios component

1/2 of serial killers say th were told by god to kill

these are facts..not beliefs

you cant bpray and stop bei9ng gay

its in your genes

can you pray and stop being female4? bible says your inferior to men

so shouldnt yo0u pray to be a man anmd not be inferior so your worthy?

you cant stop being gay any more then u can stop being a girl

--
CiArA
@ciara
12 years ago
25 posts

if you dont beleive in God, if you are not a Christian, than its easy for you to say this. Everyone sins, every single day, and i did not say that i dont, and its not me judging others, if so then im guilty of judgment against myself as well. saying that "you are a sinner" is not me being a hate filled christian judging anyone, "you are a sinner" is what the Bible tells me about myself, and about anyone who is not 100% perfect, and i have yet to meet anyone like that. homosexuality being an abomination is what is stated in the bible which i read and believe because I AM a chirstian, its not me hating gay people or judging them. it should also be made clear that nowehere in the bible does it say one sin is worse than the other. for example, and please take this as an EXAMPLE, my personal opinion on killing people.....wow. i wouldnt kill anyone. ok. now say im a pathological liar. Lie all the time, cleptomaniac as well. just do it all the time. but whooooah. no killing here. OK. there is nothing saying (nor do i belive) that becuase you kill people and i dont, that particular sin is worse than my lying ans tealing, and that that person is definately, wow they just gotta be going to hell, but no not me. no way. EXAMPLE ENDED. +that was a very twisted fucked up way of thinking that many "christians" basically practice. like being gay is worse than being some high and mighty person filled with hate and greed. do i believe it is an abominatioN??? yes. not only because the bible says, but becuase it makes sense why it would anger God....male and female are genetically made to reproduce, repopulate, you cant do that if you put 2 guys alone or 2 girls alone, it wont happen. it is in no way me judging gay people, and i do not hate gay people. i dont hate anyone, and i could never post on here enough how ive reached out and helped ppl that most would say i shouldnt have cuz that person didnt deserve it, etc. in places ive worked where my coworkers were so guilty of talking shit about ppl they didnt even know, being rude to them, being difficult, when we are there to help ppl....so many times have i been ridiculed by coworkers for reaching out (and i dont mean to spread the gospel, i mean to real-life help real ppl), and ive told them, you dont know this person, you dont know where theyve been what their going through and you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself what if that was you?? Brittany, please dont tell me im polluting the world with hate. No Way. i could go on and on with examples but really who wants to know, and what do i have to prove??? Bottome line, this is a discussion, and as a christian who is not a "bad" christian, this is my opinion. Its ok for nonbeleivers to say creation is hokus pokus, but its not ok for me to have an opinion??? hmmm. and forgive me if im wrong but i thought my post was pretty logical pertaining to my reasoning concerning my beleifs, i dont see anywhere that your getting my "hate" from, nor "my" judgement. if you find me judging others and not myself, fine. but if im saying that i myself sin and have issues that i struggle with and that one sin is not "worse" than another, then i dont think im being guilty of judging others at all. im saying that EVERYONE has issues te need to work on. (see if any of you fall in here...greed, sloth, lies, stealing, adultery, lust, selfishness, vanity, etc etc. im sure not saying i dont. i do fall in here. i definately do. im sure theres others too) sounds like you all are the onse juging ME as being a chrstian filled with hate, which quite misconstrued

soaring eagle said:

believe evolution over creation? nothing to believe evolution is a pro0vern fact creation a hokus pokus fantasy a harry potter novel

hw can you not believe in evolution when it is clear as day

in fact fruite flies evolve very quickly and you can see evolution in action

christ5ianity is all judgement you are a sinner is judgement

homosexua;ity is an abonimation is judgement

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

abomi9nation ?

because men and woimen procreate and over populate?

all anmimals are bi sexual;

allm humans are too

althh many fall on a scale preffering 1 gender over anothr up to 99% preffterence

but theres no 100% none u as straighas u believe you are still can faqll in love with that 1v woman in 10000

thats a fact

loopk at your preists and how thmolest lil boys

they want to love a man but feel too guilty soi raope a kid and force em to lie about it

it is hmnan nature to love

procreation is animal instinct only

gays feel thneed to procreate too

and do

but th cristians say thdont deser5ve to

how does creation make sence whn its proven dinasuars predate humans by millions of yearsw

--

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form