Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadheads : portrait of a subculture

Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
well thats very unfortunate. Sorry to hear about the nerve damage in your hands. I have some friends with severe nerve damage due to back injuries, No fun.
updated by @courtney-j: 07/23/15 03:26:38AM
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
Is there a likn to watch this flim somewhere on the web?
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
Not sure. I got it off netflix. There is a trailer for it on youtube.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Since I am new, this is a very interesting discussion! Let me contribute this for a laugh..One of my friends said, "I didn't know you liked the Dead!" I said that I didn't and she asked why I would grow dreads then! Too funny!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
i didn't watch the video but i have spent a few years of my life on tour and it has always been a beautiful amazing experience for me. Sure bad shit goes down but that's everywhere. I first went on tour at 16 with my then BF now my hubby. I don't have much blood related family besides our children but my tour phamily is many!! I have seen 48 states on tour and have been blessed with beautiful people still in my life almost 12 years later. We still get to travel and visit pretty much anywhere in the country and always have a warm welcome and love waiting for us. We took our children with us for a 6 show run this summer and they loved it. Sure there are areas to avoid but it has been an invaluable teaching experience. I don't believe in sheltering my kids from the real world. Everybody showed them love. I wouldn't trade my touring days for the world and all the phamily i met along the way made me who I am today. It's an unbelievable experience that you just cannot comprehend unless you have truly been there.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
This "documentary" sounds like any other poor attempt by mainstream media to depict something they are clueless about. Obviously people who are at the heart of any "sub culture" aren't going to get involved in some pathetic attempt to brag to the world about themselves. and as far as the issue on tickets. I've sen phish around a hundred times and never had to beg for OR buy a ticket! There are plenty of people out there with extras more than willing to make someones nite for nothing in return but good vibes and a chance to get a miracle when they need one!! I'd LOVE to hear from some other people who have ACTUAL experience on tour here instead of assumptions and a few bad stories second hand! Going to a show or two is NOTHING like going on tour.
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
yeah tour was alright till phish came along....no offense NW but a hundred times wow id sooner have my eardrums seered with hot iron pokers :) sorry not on my list of fun things to do...(i hope u know im naturally sarcastic by nature and mean no harm) anyway im glad yinz brought this up cause i totally wont waste my time watching that movie now ..
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
nope no offense taken. I do love Phish but i have many friends who don't and I don't like all the bands they're into either, i do have respect if they are great musicians but not always into their style. It's all a matter of opinion. I just don't think people can say tour is a bad thing just because a few people take it too far & act stupid, regardless of the music you like. heather said:
yeah tour was alright till phish came along....no offense NW but a hundred times wow id sooner have my eardrums seered with hot iron pokers :) sorry not on my list of fun things to do...(i hope u know im naturally sarcastic by nature and mean no harm) anyway im glad yinz brought this up cause i totally wont waste my time watching that movie now ..
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
absolutely agreed ive seen some crazy shit...its a matter of knowing wat to avoid... NaturalWomyn said:
nope no offense taken. I do love Phish but i have many friends who don't and I don't like all the bands they're into either, i do have respect if they are great musicians but not always into their style. It's all a matter of opinion. I just don't think people can say tour is a bad thing just because a few people take it too far & act stupid, regardless of the music you like.

heather said:
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
I agree about the mainstream trying to depict something they know nothing about. It makes me sad that this is how people see dreadies and people who tour with jam bands. And huge props to you naturalwomyn for your perspective on parenting :) NaturalWomyn said:
This "documentary" sounds like any other poor attempt by mainstream media to depict something they are clueless about. Obviously people who are at the heart of any "sub culture" aren't going to get involved in some pathetic attempt to brag to the world about themselves. and as far as the issue on tickets. I've sen phish around a hundred times and never had to beg for OR buy a ticket! There are plenty of people out there with extras more than willing to make someones nite for nothing in return but good vibes and a chance to get a miracle when they need one!! I'd LOVE to hear from some other people who have ACTUAL experience on tour here instead of assumptions and a few bad stories second hand! Going to a show or two is NOTHING like going on tour.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form