Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello from England :)

LadyDreadedStardust
@ladydreadedstardust
11 years ago
6 posts

Hi guys, I'm new to the site and I have a few questions about getting my natural dreadlocks started.

My hair is fairly short at the minute; reaching to my shoulders at the back and my chin at the front. I know this is long enough to start dreadlocks, and I'm blessed with nice thick hair, but are the any method could use to help the dreadlocks along, or should I just hide my hair brush and conditioner?

Also, would any of you recommend I wait until my hair is longer? I don't mind waiting but I've read elsewhere that it doesn't matter.

Also, if anyone has any advice of how my hair type will dread, I'd be happy to read whatever you've got to say.

My hair type - about 8inches from the top of my head to just above my shoulders at the back, slight wave to it if I don't use straightners. About 5inches from the top of my head to my chin at the front.

Thanks, look forward to what you have to say.

updated by @ladydreadedstardust: 01/13/15 09:53:59PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

mine was simulat and dreded fast the front might take 2 months longer

but the front usualy does anyway

wash with a dread soap www,dreadlockshampoo.com makes the best its made by a very sweet member here (hand made) use a sea salt spray (2 hiurs b4 u wash) (the pink sea salt from that sites probably ok to leave on longer)

as it dreads be sure to seperate so they dont grow together

thats it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
11 years ago
68 posts

Yay someone else from England =D

You asked about methods for making it dread quicker well I would recommend just going completely natural. TnR is the 2nd best thing but I did TnR, had it in 3 weeks and then took it out because it felt like cheating to me and like I was missing out on part of the journey so yeh, just my opinion though. I had very short hair for about 7 years and then the last time I had it cut was about 8 months ago now and that was pretty much shaved off. I never needed to brush my hair because I never got knots even though I didnt condition just used a regular shampoo but then my hair is VERY straight and VERY thin so completely different to yours. At about 4 inches of hair I decided I was going to start my journey and thought like my hiars never knotted so Ill go for tnr and like I said regretted it and took them out. Its not been less than a month from taking them out, my hair is only like 5 inches so short in terms of starting dreads, and Im getting knots already just from changing my wash, little salt spray and sleeping on a wool pillow so if my hair type is doing that at 5 inches yours in theory should go quicker =]

And as soaring eagle said the Dreadlocksshampoo site is best thing for you as in England we have hard water which makes baking soda washes, dr. bronners and other common dreadlock washing methods difficult as the hard water doesnt wash things out so easy so if you can afford it definatly get some of her products.

Anyway sorry for the long message welcome to the site and hope you have a great journey =]

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form