Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I'm making progress....I think?

Corey Ledgerwood
@corey-ledgerwood
11 years ago
25 posts
So it's probably been about a week and a half give or take since I started my "dreads". I haven't been doing anything to them really at all since that time I had rubber bands on for a day and crocheted a few of my sections. I've just let them completely be. The other day I washed with baking soda and I used the 1/2 cup for 5 cups of water and let it soak for 10 minutes. When I went to rinse out my scalp was literally CAKED with this white shit. At first I thought it was bs, but then discovered it was skin and sebum, there was so much I didn't know what to do, I tried getting as much off as possible but still trying to be gentle with my babies. Since then I washed with that suave stuff because I was too scared to do bs again and have all that crap in there. What should I do? Also my sections have been loosening up quite a bit with lots of loose hair and some have stayed tight at the bottom, I know it's normal so I've just been letting it be, but about 3 sections on the back of my head have turned back into completely straight hair and have no knots at the bottoms like the others. My other question was what should I do about this? I'm sorta freaking out. Is all of this normal or am I going backwards...it's just my hair looks like my old mop and everyone is like "Dude your dreads are falling out or your dreads are gone or your hair isn't gonna even dread man" and it's really discouraging to me. People's opinions on how I look influence me a lot. But does it sound like I'm making progress? I want to have my dreads go the best way possible for my hair, but presentable in a timely manner. I'm pretty impatient but I'm trying to get over that with starting dreads. I could always post some pics of my hair but yeah. Sorry for the long post I'm just nervous :p
updated by @corey-ledgerwood: 02/14/15 09:04:28AM
Corey Ledgerwood
@corey-ledgerwood
11 years ago
25 posts
Yeah I haven't used that crochet hook or had the rubber bands in at all for about a week and I'll try increasing the amount of bs, and btw I really enjoyed that post, thanks man
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Corey, thanks for enjoying my post, I made it to help answer many questions new dreadies might have. So, yes, all that white stuff was your scalp exfoliating, you want it to. You can keep the ratio the same, just leave it in for 20 minutes next time. Once all the scalp crap is gone, it is gone, so get it all out now. While you still have a lot of it, try doing this: Once your hair is all rinsed out from the BS & ACV, and you have rinsed well, fill up the tub until your head can be completely underwater, okay, well, not your face.....let your hair float around, use your hands if you want to gently move the hair about...take a book or some tunes....do this for about 10 minutes and let those white flakes float out....when done, give it another rinse with the shower. This will help get rid of the ones that might be stuck in your hair.....Try to always finish off your washing with a cold head rinse, as cold as your head can take........peace

Oh yeah, once the build-up on your scalp is gone, it won't be bad like this again.....

Corey Ledgerwood
@corey-ledgerwood
11 years ago
25 posts
Alright I'll try this next Sunday when I wash! But one question, I have naturally oily 16 year old teenager greasy hair, so should I still be doing the acv to condition or no?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

pics but

never use suave they wont dread u=if u do if u dont like bs (did u use acv acfter) then use dreadlockshampoo

opinions of others? if the opinions of others matter then dont dread only your opinion matters you can have the worlds nicest dreads and otherws will say they look like crap dreads help u to not worry what others think so much

other then that they are fine n dandy exceopt the crochet mistake

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

if its real oily no..temporarily till it stops being so oily but u do want to restart using it t some pint to keep o=it healthy

Corey Ledgerwood said:

Alright I'll try this next Sunday when I wash! But one question, I have naturally oily 16 year old teenager greasy hair, so should I still be doing the acv to condition or no?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Corey Ledgerwood
@corey-ledgerwood
11 years ago
25 posts
Well I'm not seeing the option to upload a picture while on my iPad so I guess I'll have to wait until I get back home to my desktop computer. But SE, so are you saying by using the suave that's what might've caused my back of my head to turn into straight hair since it hinders the process? I'm just really worried about that spot because now there's pretty much no sections and its super straight.
Corey Ledgerwood
@corey-ledgerwood
11 years ago
25 posts
Actually I did find a way but here's front, side and back view :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form